Quantcast

%&*) Woke up at 3:30 AM (*&%

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sunny day and I am hoping my birthday gift will finally show up today a collection of special conifers if anybody cares. Also giving the old E13 wheelset another go at tubeless. It was not easy the last time but once they are in its been good. I do think I am taking a day off riding.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Heyo!

4 meetings today. The nerve of people, expecting me to work when I'm supposed to be working from home.

May go fishing at lunch to get out of the house. Pretty much been a recluse with the exception of walking the dogs.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola, el salsas! Wife is demanding fajitas for dinner tonight, so I will be tending to that today. I was out early this morning for five miles of yogging. It's early May and I am still dressing in my winter running gear. WTF.

Today's work from home will include tending to 2+ full hampers of laundry.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Sometimes I bring donuts for my coworkers. I don't eat them, but I bring them. They line up with happy smiles and sad eyes, ready to fill that endless void inside them with sugar. They thank me with shitty chocolate smeared on their teeth, happy for one brief, stupid moment before the sugar crash makes them sadder and hungrier than ever. I smile warmly and tell them they are welcome. But the truth is, I'm helping kill them and I think they know that. And maybe that's what they are thanking me for.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At le work. Looks like every one in the company sent me an email yesterday. Excuse me while I accidentally press ctrl + A following by this little del button.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sometimes I bring donuts for my coworkers. I don't eat them, but I bring them. They line up with happy smiles and sad eyes, ready to fill that endless void inside them with sugar. They thank me with shitty chocolate smeared on their teeth, happy for one brief, stupid moment before the sugar crash makes them sadder and hungrier than ever. I smile warmly and tell them they are welcome. But the truth is, I'm helping kill them and I think they know that. And maybe that's what they are thanking me for.
Great. Now I want a donut.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
trying to go to bed earlier, but not really sleeping well.
coffee, attempt to work, attempt to make kids work, maybe ride? maybe house stuff? zoom call with parents, tacos, le sleep.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Current mood:

And you are going to Reseda
We are all in some way or another going to
Reseda someday
To die
And the radioman laughs because the radioman fucks a model too

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Waiting for the walls to start breathing, then I hike.
happy corn teen day number whogivesafuck

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
40 Mile ride in just under 2hrs this morning. Last night's burnt Lasagna for lunch - it's reeaally crappy. Maybe crumble a couple donuts on it and have Breakfast Lasagna for Wednesday? Does a crap Lasagna ever go bad?? It was never good is why I ask.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Done with large child. She gets to learn what being grounded really means starting today. No friends, no TV, no phones, no tablets, no anything except herself and her books after schoolwork is done.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sunny day and I am hoping my birthday gift will finally show up today a collection of special conifers if anybody cares. Also giving the old E13 wheelset another go at tubeless. It was not easy the last time but once they are in its been good. I do think I am taking a day off riding.
Seating e13 tires to e13 rims is a bitch, plus tires are weepy.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last week wife calls school of backup son complaining about what a shitshow their remote effort has been.

Yesterday his guidance counselor calls in response to an email he’d sent her about being ‘overwhelmed.’ Turns out he hasn’t done a single assignment in the last 8 weeks lol.

Fucking kids.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys! Currently in the hills between Butte and Whitehall, early for change. Riding with Montana rider. About 50ish with sun and slight breeze. Looks dry so hopefully not too much bogginess. Brought the Giggle Pig so much pushing is expected.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sigh, I am coming to the conclusion that this WFH quarantine thing isn't being very good to me right now. Feeling a bit down and have a bunch of work stuff to attend to this afternoon, so I can't even go play to push the blues away.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sigh, I am coming to the conclusion that this WFH quarantine thing isn't being very good to me right now. Feeling a bit down and have a bunch of work stuff to attend to this afternoon, so I can't even go play to push the blues away.
Are you getting enough sunlight, ribeyes, and exercise?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've worked from home for most of the last 20 years. My tips which nobody f'ing asked for;

Get up and get ready. eat, coffee, shower, brush yo teef. Act like a normal work day is ahead.
Work from another room or another place, so you aren't stuck in the same environment all day/night.
Keep a schedule, take lunch, take breaks as needed, but work during work hours, not before and not after unless absolutely needed. when work is over, LEAVE. Mentally leave, you're done.
My work sometimes is constrained to 8-6, other tasks can be done whenever.

Discipline makes a huge difference in how your days go. If you're in that groove, it's easy to run an errand or take a lunch ride and know you'll make up the time.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
:rofl:

Sounds like your backup, needs a backup.
Wife reamed him pretty hard (according to the neighbors lol, I wasn’t home) and served him a cold bowl of rugged individualism, as is our household standard.

Made him call all his teachers and confess his fuckery. They established a timeline to make things right, which we then halved, eliminated all his privileges until work completed and he regains our trust.

He’s a smart 14yo that started this mess with great grades but got behind, didn’t know how to dig himself out and implemented a commendable gaslighting campaign. Kids got a future in politics.