Quantcast

%&*) Woke up at 3:30 AM (*&%

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
40 Mile ride in just under 2hrs this morning. Last night's burnt Lasagna for lunch - it's reeaally crappy. Maybe crumble a couple donuts on it and have Breakfast Lasagna for Wednesday? Does a crap Lasagna ever go bad?? It was never good is why I ask.
Is it bad just because it's burned? Or is it crappy *and* burned? Inquiring minds...

Done with large child. She gets to learn what being grounded really means starting today. No friends, no TV, no phones, no tablets, no anything except herself and her books after schoolwork is done.

@Muddy I don't know, even bad lasagna is pretty fucking good.

@stoney has she learned about pushups?
That reminds me... only up to 80 today. Better get my hunnert in before lunch. :homer:

Too weak.
There is only ONE remedy for this! And it ain't fuckin' SQUATS.

backup son
Fucking GOLD, Jerry. GOLD! :rofl:

Are you getting enough sunlight, ribeyes, and exercise?
That shit's all fine and good... but what about the BJ's?!? @Adventurous - are you getting sufficient BJ's??

I've worked from home for most of the last 20 years. My tips which nobody f'ing asked for;

Get up and get ready. eat, coffee, shower, brush yo teef. Act like a normal work day is ahead.
Work from another room or another place, so you aren't stuck in the same environment all day/night.
Keep a schedule, take lunch, take breaks as needed, but work during work hours, not before and not after unless
Fuck all this shit. I'm still in my robe. And I've done fuck-all this morning, other than answer a few emails.

absolutely needed. when work is over, LEAVE. Mentally leave, you're done.
This is good advice.

Discipline makes a huge difference in how your days go.
Discipline... you funny.
If you're in that groove, it's easy to run an errand or take a lunch ride and know you'll make up the time.
It *all* works out in the end. Always. :homer:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I left out the BJs because I do not want to know any more about his wang-life.

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've worked from home for most of the last 20 years. My tips which nobody f'ing asked for;

Get up and get ready. eat, coffee, shower, brush yo teef. Act like a normal work day is ahead.
Work from another room or another place, so you aren't stuck in the same environment all day/night.
Keep a schedule, take lunch, take breaks as needed, but work during work hours, not before and not after unless absolutely needed. when work is over, LEAVE. Mentally leave, you're done.
My work sometimes is constrained to 8-6, other tasks can be done whenever.

Discipline makes a huge difference in how your days go. If you're in that groove, it's easy to run an errand or take a lunch ride and know you'll make up the time.
8-6? Shit... I was doing school hours-ish and it's gotten worse (or better?) and I'm working like 9-3:30 now, at most. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@canadmos @mykel , you guys see this: https://www.change.org/p/blue-mountain-resort-re-evalute-the-closure-of-the-blue-mountain-bike-park-for-the-entire-2020-season?recruiter=1082085496&recruited_by_id=1008e9f0-88b1-11ea-b96c-1977dff0d729&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

I had a good productive morning. Taught my kids well, had a good recess, did my little workout routine, shaved, showered, made lunch. Now I'm trying to work, but I'm on teh monkey and reading Covid news. gah. Also scheming about how to get across the river this weekend so I can go ride the National park that is opening up again on Saturday. Only problem is it's in another Province, and they are not allowing people who live on my side of the river to cross to their side of the river yet.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@canadmos @mykel , you guys see this: https://www.change.org/p/blue-mountain-resort-re-evalute-the-closure-of-the-blue-mountain-bike-park-for-the-entire-2020-season?recruiter=1082085496&recruited_by_id=1008e9f0-88b1-11ea-b96c-1977dff0d729&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

I had a good productive morning. Taught my kids well, had a good recess, did my little workout routine, shaved, showered, made lunch. Now I'm trying to work, but I'm on teh monkey and reading Covid news. gah. Also scheming about how to get across the river this weekend so I can go ride the National park that is opening up again on Saturday. Only problem is it's in another Province, and they are not allowing people who live on my side of the river to cross to their side of the river yet.
Yeah, it's a good effort. I'm guessing it'll do very little to change anything though.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Is it bad just because it's burned? Or is it crappy *and* burned? Inquiring minds...
After making a 1/2 pan, came back to it but set cook time for the full pan - it's burned. So, either use the most of a jar of marinara so it can loosen it up, or just heave it. Food never gets thrown away though, even the crap I cook on a good day.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Yup, a couple days ago. Signed it but figure it won't do much good.
Will be interesting to see how the year develops.
Some who got the No MTB message, shortly afterwards, also got a message extolling the virtues of a room rental and resort activities. That did a lot to engender good will. :think:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well fock me sideways.

Tech who did my fork tune-up effed'up by putting a 29er air shaft in my 27.5 fork. Now I have a 65HA trailbike.
Tech who did a master cylinder swap in my Guide effed'up my reach adjustment

At least I fixed my OneUp dropper myself, low pressure was the culprit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Done with large child. She gets to learn what being grounded really means starting today. No friends, no TV, no phones, no tablets, no anything except herself and her books after schoolwork is done.
How good is she with a paintbrush and built-ins? Could teach her a lesson and save $10K in the process.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@stoney - everyone can do cheater pushups with knees on the ground. but also, as @jonKranked said, WALLSITS.

@dan-o - this is why we are constantly all up in our kids' business. our 14yo would do the same, but we didn't trust him from the get-go. i have to sit next to our fucking ADD 10yo and walk him through his shit every day.

good thing i started drinking at lunch.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Seating e13 tires to e13 rims is a bitch, plus tires are weepy.
I have a pre tubeless E13 wheelset and its not perfect but motivation to upgrade is low since I am not on old standard tech but things have really gotten better. I can mount tires with a floor pump on my gravel wheelset from Stans.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Keep a schedule, take lunch, take breaks as needed, but work during work hours, not before and not after unless absolutely needed. when work is over, LEAVE. Mentally leave, you're done.
My work sometimes is constrained to 8-6, other tasks can be done whenever.

Discipline makes a huge difference in how your days go. If you're in that groove, it's easy to run an errand or take a lunch ride and know you'll make up the time.
in general i agree with all of this, but the formula gets all wonky when you factor in offspring.

one thing i do is try and get up early enough to get in an hour (sometimes 2) of work before everyone else is up. now that everyone is home, my day is frequently more interrupted, sometimes necessitating additional work time once kids are in bed.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have a pre tubeless E13 wheelset and its not perfect but motivation to upgrade is low since I am not on old standard tech but things have really gotten better. I can mount tires with a floor pump on my gravel wheelset from Stans.
26"?