Quantcast

Wolf Tooth Components chain pliers

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
But are they also fairly long metal tire levers, with storage for two sets on masterlinks?
No but a) I don't want metal tire levers and b) the EDC has a composite lever and storage for 1 masterlink.

crashmtb

Chimp
Dec 14, 2020
So my iditarod trip is coming up
i know someone who did (most of) iditabike a while ago, he almost froze his face off. Looked like an 1800s polar explorer after

Perhaps climate change has improved temps.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
i know someone who did (most of) iditabike a while ago, he almost froze his face off. Looked like an 1800s polar explorer after

Perhaps climate change has improved temps.
The race that I did last weekend, last year, froze the hell out of some people and they got frostbite. Bunches of them dropped out mid-race and they just went home, haha.

When it's cold, your breath basically condenses on everything, so you get to look like that. It's not so much about no exposed skin, it's about managing what is exposed and using it to control body temp. Last year was great because we got a lot of cold temps in town, so I got a lot of good practice in. I'm still practicing this year, spending "all day" out riding my bike in the "cold", except we haven't had nearly as much real cold, down near zero F and below. I felt like I managed that part well on the trail though, it's been quite the struggle to come up with systems that work in spite of Reynauds, but experience and bad and good choices have gotten me there.