Quantcast

Wolfhound SS Rigid

RSutton1223

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
Hambone finally got his Wolfhound in. I say finally because it was making it's way around various shows before making it's way home with his approval. And I can see why...this thing is flawless. The geometry was almost an exact copy of the Jones.

The pictures really don't even do it justice. The orange stops traffic...literally.

Custom Marz 20mm TA

What's the best thing about Hambone getting new bikes??

I get to ride them!

It's perfect. Probably the best time I have ever had on a rigid bike...the best part is how compliant it is. I started off being really nice to it, and by the end of the day...I was blasting drops and gully runs.

SyT

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Luv it luv it luv it. Can't see that seat post lasting at that angle and length though.

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
Bling-a-rific!

Seat posts are cheap. As long as it bends and doesn't snap, what's it really matter? Just sayin'...

SyT

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Bling-a-rific!

Seat posts are cheap. As long as it bends and doesn't snap, what's it really matter? Just sayin'...

I don't think I could afford to buy a new Thompson after every ride, and judging from my past experience with shorter seatpost extension than that, it would be bent during every ride. Gonna need a steel or thick wall ti post for that bike.

RSutton1223

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
Does that fork rake help with flex? I love the look and am thinking of getting a local builder to start a new fork for me and that thing seems nice.
It seems to be dead on. The 20mm got rid of the twisting action that seems to plague rigid forks but it kept the compliancy (I don't think that is a real word) in the forward back flex. It really turned out to be a great combination. That with the huge Stouts makes for a really smooth ride...for a rigid anyway.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
is that Mrs. jncarpenter??

Oh and jn - what's the axle to crown height on that fork? Just realized that it looks shorter than some 29er forks I've seen. That was custom built by who again?

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Was this the Wolfhound from the NAHMB show last February in Portland?

Absolutely gorgeous bike! I just build my 29er and the ride is amazing, so much faster than my old XC hardtail.