Quantcast

Wolfridge Pictures

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Littermag and/or Decline needs to take notice and put up some of your images from Southern racing/riding. I'm about sick and tired of the same ole' freehucking/dirt/ramp story and some small world cup coverage.
:thumb: I would totally be down with that!!

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This pic kind of bums me out. I wish Steve and I could have stayed around for the awards. Anyhow, good times. The course got better and better as it was ridden in and by race time it was a blast. Looking forward to another race up there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll have a bunch of photos up before too long. I made it back to town late Sunday and I've only had enough time to look through Saturday's photos.... there are a few that that worked out pretty well. :D

and mike continues his chase of Richie Schley as the most photographed rider of all time.

In that pic of Mike and Seth, I could swear I see Mike giving the reach around.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

I was wondering how that photo turned out. That's my "huh.. wait... what??? " face.

notice the beer can near robert's feet. it mysteriously hit me on the shoulder when i was sitting next to mike. when it hit me i looked up and saw lil dougy drifting over my head on the chairlift. so if you see me at the next race holding a keg on the chairlift....don't stand next to doug. ;)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was pretty blitzed. I got pretty beered up thinking the awards were going to be right after the DH race, but the longer it went, the more drank. I'm glad you didn't arrest me for riding the lift under the influence.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
and mike continues his chase of Richie Schley as the most photographed rider of all time.

In that pic of Mike and Seth, I could swear I see Mike giving the reach around.....
the poor college kid has to pay for images somehow... :hmm:

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
This pic kind of bums me out. I wish Steve and I could have stayed around for the awards. Anyhow, good times. The course got better and better as it was ridden in and by race time it was a blast. Looking forward to another race up there.
That was the only thing that didn't go smooth. DH awards should have been done right after the event. Waiting around for 4+ hours in the heat was not fun.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I was pretty blitzed. I got pretty beered up thinking the awards were going to be right after the DH race, but the longer it went, the more drank. I'm glad you didn't arrest me for riding the lift under the influence.

Hah hah...you were laying flat on your back under the lift chair and I looked at Squasher and said "Is he passed out?"

He said something like "Nah...but soon" :D

But hey that was a fun damn race that morning. Doing a seeding run was cool too. I was 4th rider down during seeding and Kip, Jeremy and Moto were all sitting tat the bottom all red faced and panting. I looked at them and said "Did you guys pedal?":shocked:
I spent my "seeding" run chatting and sitting down. I felt it might rain before my race run and wanted to go off first....heh. What they don't tell you is that if you're the first expert to go off at race time, the photogs immediately discredit you and you go unnoticed. :twitch:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I agree. so pro these days robert.
Thanks bro! I'm still learning every time i go out to shoot and i hope it will always be that way.
here are few i was pretty stoked on.

stubby, i presume

this one of jeremy prettymuch rocks...

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
- Look at the size of that boy's heed.
- Shhh!
- I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.
- Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.
- Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.
- Shh!
- Has it's own weather system.
- Sh, sh, shh.
- HEAD! MOVE!
- I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offsides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Attachments

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Sweet pics Robert. Very pro :thumb:

Now I guess I need to start buying all the photogs beer so I can get my mug on film more often. I was number 26 btw :D

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
The keeper rate on the DH shots was pretty high. The DS photos did not come out as well as i hoped though. I think the heat had pretty much cooked me by the afternoon.

Killer shots Robert. If you have one of #39, could you post it up? I'd highly appreciate it.
give me a description of your jersey/bike/fork... i have a few where i can'nt see the number plate...

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Any of 72?
Gray helmet, white morewood, blue shorts, red white and blue jersey.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Why does it look like Jeremy is the height and shape of Corky?:shocked:
I was using a wide angle lens that shows a good bit of distortion towards the edges of the frame.. look at the size of the front wheel and the way the fork bows a little. :biggrin:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I was using a wide angle lens that shows a good bit of distortion towards the edges of the frame.. look at the size of the front wheel and the way the fork bows a little. :biggrin:

nah..that's not your lens, my fork always bows a little when i'm on the bike ;)

that pic really shows how friggin small that frame is. i'm still trying to get used to the top-tube difference from the demo and not ride over the front wheel.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Agreed! Great shots!
Also if you have any of #38 - I was the rider in front of Dogboy...Grey Totem and Helmet, 3/4 sleeve "OG" Jersey.

Thanks!

Thanks for the props guys!!!!!! I had a ton of fun. I'll get back to processing these again tonight... I should be able to spend a little more time at it this evening.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Please tell me you were still there when I crashed in this spot.
nah, i totally missed the crash, but i think I have another one of you in that area... I'll have to look this evening. I don't think i have one crash shot from the hole day.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
I think the course will have houses on it real soon. The course looked like it was cut through plots. So my guess would be no, it is not open to the general public.