Quantcast

Wolfridge Workday 8-11

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Did anyone ever mention a length or technicality of the run? I've never raced DH before and was thinking this might be a good one to start at since it's close to the house. I currently ride a Bullit and am confident on trails like Black Mountain, Farlow Gap, etc. I just have never had the cahones to step up and race...

Did anyone ever mention a length or technicality of the run? I've never raced DH before and was thinking this might be a good one to start at since it's close to the house. I currently ride a Bullit and am confident on trails like Black Mountain, Farlow Gap, etc. I just have never had the cahones to step up and race...
If your confident on Farlow gap then I'd say your ready to race. I've been racing on and off since 1999 and I have never gone into farlow beaming with confidence. Seems like I always forget that the fast flowy part near the top puts you right into that rock garden before you know it. I always come into it pinned and usually need a new pair of shorts half way through.

radbradus

Chimp
Jul 10, 2004
:monkey: for the practice session on friday the 17th is it possible to ride w/o racing ? i am willing to pay for lift service i just cannot make the race on saturday. would love to show my support for this event and get to ride at the same time , thanks

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've only raced thrice before but I can tell you that this course is a little atypical. It's harder than some of the others mainly due to loose dirt everywhere and off camber 180 degree turns but if you can handle Farlow, I'm sure you'd be okay. Plus the more people that show up the better chance of getting a bike park next year.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I've only raced thrice before but I can tell you that this course is a little atypical. It's harder than some of the others mainly due to loose dirt everywhere and off camber 180 degree turns but if you can handle Farlow, I'm sure you'd be okay. Plus the more people that show up the better chance of getting a bike park next year.

I'll probably give er a go to show support. I was always worried about going to slow and having people cuss me if they catch me.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'll probably give er a go to show support. I was always worried about going to slow and having people cuss me if they catch me.
I can pretty much promise you that won't happen. Plus everyone that will be there should be really cool about that type of thing. The course is kind of short and I think we're running 1 minute intervals so someone catching up to you should be the least of your worries.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
2.35 Minions front and rear gonna be enough rubber for the course? My other tires 2.5 Dual ply Nevegal, 2.35 Nevegal, 2.7 Blue groove, or 60ply 2.5 IRC Fire somethings.
sounds like minions will suit you just fine:clue:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dern that stepdown looks like it will be hell on my tender shoulder :eek: i'll find out thursday morning whether or not i'm in ok shape to race. if not, we'll come up on saturday so noah can race DS and i'll lend a hand wherever needed.
ryan, pm me if you have something i can do on saturday if i don't race.

also: anybody have floor space for me and noah to crash on friday night if i can race? i didn't make any hotel reservations because of the uncertainty of me racing. if not, we'll probably just find a hole somewhere and crash in the car...i'll just pull the badge if we get hassled ;)

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
That step down looks sweeeet. This will be me first race so I'm a bit nervous and with Diablo the following week I gotta take it a little easy. But odds are that just aint gonna happen. See all y'all Saturday and possibly Friday late afternoon.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Basher you BETTER make it Friday afternoon! And I'm with ya on the Diablo thing...gotta take it easy but I know you well enough to know that you won't pass up that gap. :bonk:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Fat chicks?
No, I don't remember.

You don't remember the 55 gallon drums filled with donuts and pastries that Orville would leave at the edge of the slope to feed the bears b/c he "like seein' em".

That was the scariest part about building the old DH was coming across one of his "buffets" trailside.

I think he got the uneaten stuff from Ingles to feed them. "Chunky the Black Bear"....:crazy:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Heck yeah,
Come one, come all.
I am bringing family, friends with kids and whoever else to this one.
Every rider in this whole region who would like to have a bike park should show up.
That includes racers, non-racers, people who hate racers, freechuckers, huckflipbackspinsters, jibbers, e-bikers, bikerfox,
and most importantly goons. I see you out there goonies, come on over. I need a bike park 1:20 from my house.:D

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
I would bring family but they could care less about what I do. I would bring friends but they all ride and could, evidently, care less about a bike park. So I'm pulling a solo mission on this one. Luckily I have put on some weight so I might be able to count as 2. But given my height what ever extra I get in width will be more than likely be deducted.

We need to start a black list for the Bike Park.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Honestly Keenan, I dont race, not really into it, but I would go. Now, I cant go cause the wifey could have the baby any day now, and I cant stray that far from home. Unless she has it before this weekend :brow: .

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I would bring friends but they all ride and could, evidently, care less about a bike park.
We need to start a black list for the Bike Park.
:nopity: Wahhhhh wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh, I already told you, and now anyone reading this, why I cant go. But you can put me on your black list?:ban: ?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Honestly Keenan, I dont race, not really into it, but I would go. Now, I cant go cause the wifey could have the baby any day now, and I cant stray that far from home. Unless she has it before this weekend :brow: .
Whoa, I did not know you guys were that close to having it.
Congrats.
It was nice riding with you.:busted:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Now now now...ain't nobody gonna get blacklisted from the nonexistant bike park. You should be stoked on having another kid and I'm stoked for you.

I'm sure you'll be riding again by the time I get back from my honeymoon in early October. :D

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
MAN, wish I could come. I loved riding Wolf. I am giggin in Cali, or I would. Support this one guys. This would be a bada$$ place for a bike park. And only a short drive away too. Have fun this weekend!!!:happydance:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Between my recent speeding ticket, my insurance going up & and trying to save money for Diablo next weekend, I will not be able to attend.

Basher is just angry that John isnt going cause he wont have anyone to spoon at night. Im sure if you ask Kenan nicely he might take his spot??