Quantcast

women in combat

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...that is the general perspective. My one buddy, an E9 career Special Operator (And about the nicest guy you will ever meet...) was fairly straightforward about how he felt about Chris Kyle and his book...not really happy about it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I bet they are rarely complimentary........the DEVGRU guy who did the "No Easy Day" has been all but ostracized(sp?) by his former shipmates......
Yup, what happens at work tends to stay there with those guys.

If you notice, there aren't a ton of books written about stuff like that by the boots on the ground. National/personal/team security is only part of the reason.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
All else aside, this is loooong overdue.

Most servicewomen's uniforms are, frankly, demeaningly unattractive, and I've always wished the men's and women's uniforms to be brought into complementing styles, scaled and tailored appropriately so as to make neither gender look dumb.

All else aside, this is loooong overdue.

Most servicewomen's uniforms are, frankly, demeaningly unattractive, and I've always wished the men's and women's uniforms to be brought into complementing styles, scaled and tailored appropriately so as to make neither gender look dumb.
Murican uniforms tend to tend towards banana republic - pretty ridiculous and not very functional. I always thought the Germans had it about right.