Quantcast

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Am I the only one that thinks they are damn good volleyball players? The US/Belgium first set last night was fun to watch. The Belgian chicks just could not put away May and Walsh.
That was good stuff to watch. The thing that bothers me is that there is another US team, yet we've yet to see them on TV. That must piss them off a bit that May-Treanor and Walsh get all the hype. Maybe they'll surprise them in the gold medal game though. Who knows.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
That was good stuff to watch. The thing that bothers me is that there is another US team, yet we've yet to see them on TV. That must piss them off a bit that May-Treanor and Walsh get all the hype. Maybe they'll surprise them in the gold medal game though. Who knows.
did usa team#2 also get in 1/4 finals?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
did usa team#2 also get in 1/4 finals?

I know they talked about an all USA gold medal game last night so I'm assuming they've moved on to the same round that May-Treanor and Walsh are in. Hell I don't even know who the two women are on the other team - that's how little media attention they are getting.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I know they talked about an all USA gold medal game last night so I'm assuming they've moved on to the same round that May-Treanor and Walsh are in. Hell I don't even know who the two women are on the other team - that's how little media attention they are getting.
I've seen two of the Branaugh-Youngs matches...not in primetime mind you...but they are talked about. If they win their quarterfinal, I'm sure they'll televise the rest of their matches.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh and WTF is up with all that "tape" the women are wearing?
The black stuff on Walsh's shoulder are a sort of medical tape. Specifically, it's called kinesio tape, a special elastic material designed to support muscles while offering an unimpeded range of motion. Walsh had shoulder surgery last fall to remove bone chips, bone spurs and scar tissue that had built up over a lifetime of setting and spiking. The tape, and taping method, help stabilize the shoulder during the match and aids in circulation. -Yahoo

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I know Misty May...check it out.

Nancy Reno went to my HS. She was partners with Kerri Walsh in the first beach VB Olympics. I knew her (NR) in passng, but know some of the girls she played VB with well.
Kerri Walsh was partners with Misty May awhile back.

I know girls who know Nancy Reno.
NR knows KW
KW knows Misty May...

Therefore I know Misty May.

7 degrees of seperation, b@tches!
Damn, you've got more degrees than I do. I have a client. This client has a daughter who used to play pro beach volleyball. Through OC ties, she knows both girls. Neato.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm pretty sure their matches have been on TV live just in the morning.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
So now that we have girls playing volleyball in bikinis, is the next step going to be badminton in lingerie?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
It is raining so hopefully they will wear their white bikinis. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE