Quantcast

Women's dietary supplements.

I have been hitting the gym hard this year and using protein supplements, my girl has been going with me minus the supplements and she notices the muscle gains on me. She wants to take supplements but I have no clue. My question is does anyone know of a supplement for woman that can add muscle and burn calories for woman. She doesnt want the meat head look, just wants that fit swimmers body. She does cardio(30 min) weights(1 hr) and abs(30 min).

Thanks ladies.
Mike.

I have been hitting the gym hard this year and using protein supplements, my girl has been going with me minus the supplements and she notices the muscle gains on me. She wants to take supplements but I have no clue. My question is does anyone know of a supplement for woman that can add muscle and burn calories for woman. She doesnt want the meat head look, just wants that fit swimmers body. She does cardio(30 min) weights(1 hr) and abs(30 min).

Thanks ladies.
Mike.
supplements are generally crap. she'll add muscle by lifting and getting enough protein. She'll look cut if she looses body fat (tough to do at the same time but possible).

it's not rocket science.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
yeah, i definitely agree with mtnbikerchk. I wouldn't go the supplement route. I am an advocate for high protein, calcium, and consistent weight lifting. The fat comes off with exercise and good diet.

Not a supplement, but I love Cliff Blox Luna Moons (pomegranite or strawberry) ... they're like fruit snacks but give some extra energy. They save me on my way back up the lift, or after pushing to the summit.

Granola bars are also key.

When the day is over, snarf protein like chicken or tuna. Must resist the pasta gorge!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not a supplement, but I love Cliff Blox Luna Moons (pomegranite or strawberry) ... they're like fruit snacks but give some extra energy. They save me on my way back up the lift, or after pushing to the summit.

Granola bars are also key.

When the day is over, snarf protein like chicken or tuna. Must resist the pasta gorge!!!
:biggrin: YEAH!!! I am glad to hear that women like the moons. They come in pomegranite, watermelon and blueberry and they are meant to give you energy so I am glad they work for you. Have you tried any of the other LUNA Sport products (electrolyte splash or recovery smoothies?)

:biggrin: YEAH!!! I am glad to hear that women like the moons. They come in pomegranite, watermelon and blueberry and they are meant to give you energy so I am glad they work for you. Have you tried any of the other LUNA Sport products (electrolyte splash or recovery smoothies?)
I once had a package of the regular blox in pomegranite (fav. flav.) and haven't seen them since. Hence, I switched to the moons. I do enjoy the luna moons, although the regular blox are bigger and the boyfriend gets less flack for being seen holding the pack.

They're my special treat for busting moves instead of holding down the couch.