Quantcast

Women's Mountain Bike Clinic @ Whiteface....

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
The Whiteface Mountain Bike Park operated by High Peaks Cyclery located in Lake Placid, N.Y. will once again be offering womens only, world class mountain bike clinics this coming August 22 and 23. We will hold 2 specific clinics, and these clinics will concentrate on skills & racing. These will not only be for racers wanting to move up in class or becoming faster, but also for recreational downhillers and avid cross country riders. These clinics will help any mountain biker wanting to become a better, more efficient & smoother rider.

We are honored & stoked that our friend, world class racer, motivator and spokesman for womens downhilling Kathi Krause will be working at Whiteface this summer as the instructor for these clinics. Kathi will bring in others as needed.

Clinics will be limited to groups of 8.

Kathi's Racing Highlights:

World Masters Downhill Champion (1999, 2001, 2002)
World Masters Downhill Silver Medalist (2000)
NORBA Masters National Downhill Champion (1998-2002)
1st place Kamikazi Downhill, Mammoth Mountain 2004 – Pro Women
2nd Overall Gravity East Downhill Series, Pro Women, 2007
2nd Place – US Open of Mountain Biking, Vernon, NJ 2003)
SouthEast Dual Slalom Champion -1997
Plattekill Extreme Downhill Series Champion (1998, 2001, 2002)
8 Times NY/NJ State Track Champion (1986 – 1993)
NJ State Cyclocross Champion (199
1994/1995- #1 ranking, North Atlantic Regional Cross Country Rankings (Vet Women)
1994 NJ and NY State Champion, Cross Country, Senior Women

Much more information we be online shortly.

Last edited:

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
I've been DH riding for, jeez, 5 years now (took a couple of years off in the middle there, so I'm not sure to total year count...6, maybe??). I've been getting back into it this season and I just love it. I've never competed, but I just wanted to chime in and encourage anyone (woman) to try it out. Get lots of body armor and just try it....it's a total blast! :happydance:

That's awesome that you did so well, Kathi. I've never had the money, or real desire, to compete, but the courses do look like fun!! I'm out here in the Seattle area, but I'd encourage anyone, anywhere, to try it!

Just wanted to jump in on your cheer!! :cheers:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Kathi,
I took 6 runs on my day off today! 3 short of the 9 you guys did opening weekend.
1st time I did that in a few years.
I wanted to let you know that 2 finger braking is a thing of the past. I kind of got over that in one day after your advice. I also remember overhearing Tara tell the women last year during her clinic at Whiteface that if you are using 2 fingers braking and switch to 1 finger braking you get WAY faster. I think Tara said something like 50% faster.