Quantcast

Women's Specific Buy and Sell Thread

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Hey there. I am clearing out tons of bike stuff. I have two women's specific items that I thought I'd offer up to the mudhunnies before they go on ebay. I hope no one minds that I'm posting this stuff here. I figured since some of the regional forums had a buy and sell, why not the ladies. Just let me know if it bothers anyone and I'll remove the thread.

Specialized Carbon Comp Road Shoes ***SOLD****
-Brand New in Box
-Size 38 (7.5 US)
-Silver/Black
-Retail was $150, I'd like to get $75 for them

Santa Cruz Juliana Handlebar w/Juliana grips ****SOLD****
-Women's specific bar that came stock on the Juliana
-Special narrower grip
-Used, but in good shape
-$20

If anyone is interested just let me know and I'll get you pics.

-Cheers-

wow this is pretty neat. I have a lot of stuff I might get rid of but not all (or any as a matter of fact) is specificly womens specific.

I know its not the season yet but I may be getting rid of my Burton Lux 150cm womens allmountin/pipe snowboard. It was ridden for one season and has been maintained. Will get a wax and edge is someone so desires.
[/IMG]

cattv

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
anyone in the socal area have a road bike they're willing to sell to my friend jen? she's my bike buddy and i just got a roadie so she's jealous and needs one too!

she's 5'9", not sure what size that translates to. she just needs something basic. under $500? is that too much to ask?

also considering building up this frame:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=23561&item=30-0082&slitrk=search&slisearch=true

will try craigslist too, but i would appreciate leads/advice/tips about what parts/brands she should use. i'm more of a mtn biker than a roadie so thanks in advance for any help you can offer up.

-cathy

p.s. yarg! it's "talk like a pirate day"! :pirate2:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
anyone in the socal area have a road bike they're willing to sell to my friend jen? she's my bike buddy and i just got a roadie so she's jealous and needs one too!

she's 5'9", not sure what size that translates to. she just needs something basic. under $500? is that too much to ask?

also considering building up this frame:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=23561&item=30-0082&slitrk=search&slisearch=true

will try craigslist too, but i would appreciate leads/advice/tips about what parts/brands she should use. i'm more of a mtn biker than a roadie so thanks in advance for any help you can offer up.

-cathy

p.s. yarg! it's "talk like a pirate day"! :pirate2:
I have a road bike frame/ fork that I'm not using anymore, but I'm 5'4", so I doubt it will work. I had good luck with the Ironhose Triumph. It's inexpensive as far as road bikes go and a decent beginner bike.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Careful...she might see this you know ;)

I don't have a Bullit for sale, but I do have a Jekyll.

She knows. I've been pulling teeth and hair to come up with a lightweight DH race frame for her. I just realized how hard it is to find the right sized frame. Many small frames out there are not really small in reality.

looking on..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
She knows. I've been pulling teeth and hair to come up with a lightweight DH race frame for her. I just realized how hard it is to find the right sized frame. Many small frames out there are not really small in reality.

looking on..
I know the dilemma. I had a small Ironhorse and it was WAY too big (17" frame) for me. I ended up getting small Yeti AS-X (more of a FR bike, but works well for me to DH).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
In an effort to utilize the classifieds more, I am unsticking this thread. Please feel free to bump it with a link to your classified (thanks DHS) when you have successfully listed it!

Thanks!

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Well in preperation for my "new" downhill bike I'm trying to sell my current ride.

This is the perfect bike for a beginner who wants to get into the sport and not spend too much money. Female owned and ridden.

Specs as follow:

2003 Ironhorse SGS DH Pro - Size Small
Rockshox Boxxer front fork w/ new enduro fork seals
Manitou Swinger 6-way rear shock with 350# spring (1 season)
Hayes Mag hydraulic brakes w 8" rotors (2 seasons)
E-13 Chain guide
Thomson Seatpost w/ salsa clamp (1 season)
Azonic seat (not shown)
FSA Extreme 165mm cranks
XT rear derailleur
Easton handlebars
ODI lock-on grips
Flat Pedals or Time ATAC (not shown)
Front wheel - 26" WTB Laserdisc DH rim w/ Laserdisc DH hub, Maxxis Minion 2.5 3c tire
Rear wheel - 24" Sun Ringle Rhinolite Rim, Kenda Nevegal 2.5" DH tire

1st picture does not show shock or seatpost upgrade and all frame stickers have been removed. 2nd picure shows all upgrades and current flower decals that can be easily removed. More pictures available upon request.

Bike located in Richmond, Virginia. Would like to sell relatively locally but can ship if needed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003