Quantcast

Wonderbread and Twinkies company declares bankruptcy

J

JRB

I hope all these low carb freaks get their own soon. And to think, Twinkies just got their own PI jersey not long ago. Wonder Bread too. Hmmm, never equated the two until now.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I seriously doubt twinkies will disappear from the shelves altogether. Little Debbie or somebody will buy that **** up

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
loco-gringo said:
I hope all these low carb freaks get their own soon. And to think, Twinkies just got their own PI jersey not long ago. Wonder Bread too. Hmmm, never equated the two until now.
Actually my advisor is an atkins user and he is going to be out sick for awhile with blood poisoning.

J

JRB

Rip said:
Actually my advisor is an atkins user and he is going to be out sick for awhile with blood poisoning.

Bummer - I don't really wish these people ill, but the diet just doesn't really make sense to me. :confused:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
Bummer - I don't really wish these people ill, but the diet just doesn't really make sense to me. :confused:
How does it not make sense. You eat less carbs, you have to burn less, and hence, you lost weight. Have you read any on it? It actually works. I wouldnt do it, but it makes sense to me.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
How does it not make sense. You eat less carbs, you have to burn less, and hence, you lost weight. Have you read any on it? It actually works. I wouldnt do it, but it makes sense to me.

It makes sense weight loss wise. It doesn't make sense nutrition wise. Cutting fruits or vegetables is stupid. Period. It is a lazy slob diet.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
It makes sense weight loss wise. It doesn't make sense nutrition wise. Cutting fruits or vegetables is stupid. Period. It is a lazy slob diet.
I dont want to get into this debate, but just so my stance is known: Do you really think people who get all fat and have to rely on trendy diets eat a nutritious diet to begin with? No. They get fat from eating soda and cupcakes and donuts. If they get rid of that crap IMO, they aint no worse off. Excuse my double negative.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BurlySurly said:
I dont want to get into this debate, but just so my stance is known: Do you really think people who get all fat and have to rely on trendy diets eat a nutritious diet to begin with? No. They get fat from eating soda and cupcakes and donuts. If they get rid of that crap IMO, they aint no worse off. Excuse my double negative.
I tend to agree with this... but will also add (and I'm sure you'll agree), people who get fat get fat from eating poorly and not exercising. It only takes a moderately poor diet to get fat if you don't exercise.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The main problem with the fad diets is that it gives stupid people the idea that they can easily lose weight without any effort.

Losing weight and remaining healthy is a lot of work, and the lazy b!tches that jump into a diet like that don't actually think for themselves.

There's nothing wrong with reducing carbs, but you have to reduce sugar and fat and sodium and everything else, and then get your butt outside and into shape. Diets like Atkins promote a lazy way of losing weight.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
I think we agree, but I can't really tell. Laziness and bad diet = weight gain

Doesn't awareness seem like the right answer???

Jackson - I am wrong quite often. I am just entertaining myself.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
I think we agree, but I can't really tell. Laziness and bad diet = weight gain

Doesn't awareness seem like the right answer???

Jackson - I am wrong quite often. I am just entertaining myself.

IMO, everyone is aware that exercise and a proper diet is healthy and will lead to weight loss. People want a quick fix, so whatever. I mean, let them eat less donuts and pasta. Who cares? Maybe some chick who used to be morbidly obese will become just chunky and I can hit it before she baloons back up.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Really this can only be good for America, sure it sucks that a few people will be out of work. But in the long run, removing this sh!te from the shelves will only have a beneficial effect. Now we need to bankrupt Krappy Kreme and McFatass.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BurlySurly said:
IMO, everyone is aware that exercise and a proper diet is healthy and will lead to weight loss. People want a quick fix, so whatever. I mean, let them eat less donuts and pasta. Who cares? Maybe some chick who used to be morbidly obese will become just chunky and I can hit it before she baloons back up.
Yes... unfortunately awareness and gullibility (is that a word) are not mutually exclusive.

OK... I've off to McDonalds for lunch... 2 tripple cheeseburgers, a supersized frie, and a diet coke.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
BurlySurly said:
I would like to congratulate BS for providing the first truly "market-oriented" analysis of this piece of news.

:thumb:

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I wanted to add what I feel to be my reason of having a gut. Portion control...I don't eat twinkies, ding dong's, or ho ho's. I can put away a Pizza. I love me some Chinese lunch buffets, heck almost any buffet will do. That and beer. If I could only have one or two pieces of pizza. No take that 20oz hiney back...I'll take water please...Isn't almost girl scout cookie time...Oh sh!t.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
loco-gringo said:
Laziness and bad diet = weight gain

QUOTE]

Instigator takes a look in the mirror and says," I haven't exercised much in the last couple of years and I haven't been eating to well either.......wonder why my gut got so big???"