Quantcast

Wondering why these events aren't a bigger deal?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
kidwoo said:
Because the conservative biased media doesn't want to contradict the recent statements by the president that we are foiling domestic terrorism.
That's my take too.

Also, the second link is CLEARLY not a terrorist act. It's a bunch of idiot kids that made z-bombs (mix liquid plumber and aluminum foil in a 2 liter bottle) or similar. Something which, detonated at close range, causes "ringing of the ears" is NOT a terrorist act... the article is pretty clear that they're only calling it that because it's defined as such by the state of Georgia.

Shoot, if you had an article everytime someone set off one of those, you'd fill the first three pages of the NYT every day, just with my hometown.

The first one is the only scary one, and you don't see that one make the news because it was a white kid. Yeah, I said it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ok so everyone who is muslim and wants to commit suicide is a terrorist now? Seriously.. "ties to the muslim community" gimme a break. He was a troubled college kid...how many jump out residence windows, hang themselves or simply end up in a 3 month drunken stupor every semester?

Also i agree about the media aspect, pretty weird when drudge seems to be giving some things better coverage lately.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Transcend said:
Ok so everyone who is muslim and wants to commit suicide is a terrorist now? Seriously.. "ties to the muslim community" gimme a break. He was a troubled college kid...how many jump out residence windows, hang themselves or simply end up in a 3 month drunken stupor every semester?

Also i agree about the media aspect, pretty weird when drudge seems to be giving some things better coverage lately.
I can see where you are coming from Fraser, and I hate like hell to see every muslim painted as a terrorist or terrorist sympathiser. But most people that try to off themselves use pills, or swallow a load of buckshot.

This guy built a bomb and tried to get into an OU game with it in his backpack.

Can't figure out why the media isn't all over this story. It sure seems salacious enough.

I suppose one school of thought might be that if they play this thing up it might get people to think that perhaps we ought to be even more dilligent in our attempts to ferret out potential threats. Which, if one believed in a left-wing media bias, would run afoul of their agenda.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ohio said:
That's my take too.
the article is pretty clear that they're only calling it that because it's defined as such by the state of Georgia..
I first learned the graceful beauty of a potatoe arcing about 50 ft over the surface of the earth at Georgia Tech. Luckily I lived close enough to some frat houses that made a point of celebrating Robert E Lee's birthday by dropping cotton balls all over campus, the assumtion being the brown people would have to pick them up. We always had something to aim at of course. They never did find us :D .

I too would have been considered a terrorist threat but then again, I'm a
ohio said:
white kid. Yeah, I said it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Damn True said:
I suppose one school of thought might be that if they play this thing up it might get people to think that perhaps we ought to be even more dilligent in our attempts to ferret out potential threats. Which, if one believed in a left-wing media bias, would run afoul of their agenda.
The left wing media should be reporting this because it would prove the incompetence of the current administration in properly executing it's stated purpose of keeping america safe. Which of course would further their agenda of what?.......raising your taxes and giving you cheap prescription drugs........ It's all so clear now.

See? You can go both ways. Will you give up on this crap at some point?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
ohio said:
That's my take too.

Also, the second link is CLEARLY not a terrorist act. It's a bunch of idiot kids that made z-bombs (mix liquid plumber and aluminum foil in a 2 liter bottle) or similar. Something which, detonated at close range, causes "ringing of the ears" is NOT a terrorist act... the article is pretty clear that they're only calling it that because it's defined as such by the state of Georgia.

Shoot, if you had an article everytime someone set off one of those, you'd fill the first three pages of the NYT every day, just with my hometown.

The first one is the only scary one, and you don't see that one make the news because it was a white kid. Yeah, I said it.
i followed this a little bit since i live in oklahoma. never heard of him being turned away from the game because he wouldnt allow his pack to be searched. also he 'set' the bomb off in an open area not really near any people, and it was a tiny bomb. never heard of him having any muslim ties. personally i think it was an acident, he was messing around with a home made bomb and accidentally blew himself up.