Quantcast

Won't be going back to Snowshoe, ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
Tattooo said:
I called most of them today and told them how it went down, not one complaint.
Its a little strange how EVERBODY but you (and you're sponsers) think that you over reacted, spoke out on the internet putting you're foot deep in you're mouth and now you are trying to back pedal.
If you indeed are REALLY sponsered by these fine folks, and they read this board. I can assure you, they will think long and hard about you're sponsership next year.
All you're comparisons above just dont work here. You're talking about apples to oranges. Just face it you handled yourself in very unprofessional manner. Just admit it and carry on. You may be able to save a little face. You post all over this board, clearlly you need some sort of acceptence here. Cant you see you are out numbered, and you are the ONLY one that feels like this about the race and Snowshoe.-JM

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
Tattooo said:
How is this above and beyond?

A business takes risks when they put something like this on as an event. It is not right, nor is it really legal, to ask the consumer to eat the costs for a risk undertaken by the supplier.

Your line of thought would make it so that if I went to Walmart and the 200 round box of 12ga shells I needed was damaged that I ought to take the box at full cost regardless of damage or loss of use. Yea, maybe you got some fun terrorizing the local empty PBR cans with the shells that did work, but you didn't get your money's worth.

Would you be good with this line of thinking if you took your car to the mechanic and your car ended up not working? Would you "eat the costs" on your end, or would you go back and demand your money back. Maybe you're good with taking it in the shorts for the "brotherhood of the tribe" or whatever such crap you're basing this on, but some of us are just enough ahead of the game to know this isn't how things work.

Snowshoe took a risk, and due to weather was unable to deliver the product. Its not my responsibility to shoulder some or all of the costs because of a calculated risk they took.
Hey dude, now that you've ranted on and on and on about your stinking $15 bucks...maybe you might think about the greater good here.

No one wants to lose their money due to a cancellation, but DH races aren't a easy to find commodity like 30 packs of soda or 10 lb bags of Doritos that you buy at Walmart. What's wrong with taking one for the team?

You might want to think about that FIRST, before you spout your mouth off at the few people around that are actually into this sport...

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I honestly have had only good experience with Snowshoe/Intrawest. I've only made one formal complaint, and a week afterwards I got an apology letter, then two weeks later I got a letter stating the employee I complained about "resigned unexpectedly". I took that to mean the person was fired.

Other good experiences were, we were allowd to pickup rental a snowboard on a friday night, and drop off sunday morning, and was only charged a 1 day rental.

Another friend rented a mountain bike for 2 days. The first day he crashed and broke his wrist, he also trashed the bike too. He took the bike back and they refunded one day of his rental fee, and didn't charge for any damages to the bike.

To me sounds like Snowshoe didn't have a good contengency plan if the race got cancelled, but formulated one pretty quickly. To me it sounds like what they did was more than fair.

How much riding did you get in for your entry fee? I'm sure you got in plenty of practice, the amount of riding you did was probably more than worth the entry fee. I mean alot of people will enter races and totally skip the race run because it's cheaper to enter the race than to pay for a normal lift ticket.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Tattooo
Jesus man...fine you are right.....I think not only snowshoe should pay you back for your fee's but they should also pay for your races for the rest of the season...H*ll while they are at it....Trevyn are you reading this? Snowshoe should just bow down and hand you the $1200 for the series championship and hand you a brand new Kona....I think all of us would like this as you are right, so enjoy your $1200 and new Kona as you ride of into the Sunset on you big white High Horse while us degenerates who are actually gratefull for having such a rad place to ride are/or would be willing to lose $15.00 end rant, this is getting really old quick!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Denjen: while I in no way claim my conversation had anything to do with money being refunded, at the time we were getting ready to get out of the rain and the wind, we were told that there was no refund being given.

By the time we had finished talking it over with Desariee down at the Cust Service office, we had a refund all worked out.

Hell, we would have been cool and been well on our way to drinking our beer if we would have been told that they were working on a solution by either of the guys in charge. I would have been more then happy to get out of the rain, not waste any more time, and to work it out the next morning. Instead of this, which would have been the smart way on their end to deal with the situation, they chose to say "no way, no how." This is not the way to deal with a situation involving customers and money. We spent a lot of money in our estimation to get there, to eat and drink at their resort, etc. Why would we choose to spend what we earn during the week at a place that outright denyed us what was our's?

Its a great mountain, and has some of the best terrain this old fat kid has ever ridden, but when I am blowing $500 a race weekend, I expect something for my money. This weekend I didn't get that, and as such I won't be driving back out there any time soon.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Pi31412 said:
Rodney the Roach jump out from under the lettuce (and sings "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal") then disappears back into my sandwich.

Peace.

Holysh!t, that is the funniest thing I have seen here today!

Thank you.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Paris said:
Hey dude, now that you've ranted on and on and on about your stinking $15 bucks...maybe you might think about the greater good here.

No one wants to lose their money due to a cancellation, but DH races aren't a easy to find commodity like 30 packs of soda or 10 lb bags of Doritos that you buy at Walmart. What's wrong with taking one for the team?

You might want to think about that FIRST, before you spout your mouth off at the few people around that are actually into this sport...

Honestly, I was thinking about the greater good. I have in my short time on this earth dealt with more then just one scumbag promoter. While I am not calling the guys of snowshoe scumbags, I was not willing to let a precedent be set of them keeping money when the rain goes south.

At the end of the day, everything is a commodity. Let's say you bought $15 worth of platnium, or something even more rare, like nudie photos of the Virgin Mary. Now it rained, and the holder of said commodity said "Sorry, I'm keeping your money." Would you really just "take one for the team?"

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Tattooo said:
Denjen: while I in no way claim my conversation had anything to do with money being refunded, at the time we were getting ready to get out of the rain and the wind, we were told that there was no refund being given.

By the time we had finished talking it over with Desariee down at the Cust Service office, we had a refund all worked out.

Hell, we would have been cool and been well on our way to drinking our beer if we would have been told that they were working on a solution by either of the guys in charge. I would have been more then happy to get out of the rain, not waste any more time, and to work it out the next morning. Instead of this, which would have been the smart way on their end to deal with the situation, they chose to say "no way, no how." This is not the way to deal with a situation involving customers and money. We spent a lot of money in our estimation to get there, to eat and drink at their resort, etc. Why would we choose to spend what we earn during the week at a place that outright denyed us what was our's?

Its a great mountain, and has some of the best terrain this old fat kid has ever ridden, but when I am blowing $500 a race weekend, I expect something for my money. This weekend I didn't get that, and as such I won't be driving back out there any time soon.
Just having a reason to go talk to Desariee face to face would have been worth losing $15 in my book.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
denjen said:
Just having a reason to go talk to Desariee face to face would have been worth losing $15 in my book.
Ok, you have me there. Good lord... Can see why they put her in that office. She had me all happy and calm in 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.