Quantcast

Woo hoo, gone over to the steel side

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey

Maiden voyage will be tomorrow on a commute to work (hum, better bring some tools just in case). I'm so psyched!. Majority is Foco tubeset w/ a custom drawn downtube. Initial impressions are it's stiff, as much so as my De Rosa, and loooong for a 57cm ctt seat tube. It seems to be slightly noisier than the De Rosa as well, but I'm hoping it won't be so on the chip/seal roads. That stripped Ouzo Pro has more meat than the Mizumo on the De Rosa.
The frame was bought used and is a custom. But all the mods from a standard seems to benefit my body type. Will post some feedback once I get to work tomorrow.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
chicodude01 said:
Why exactly did you sell the De rosa?
Sold the '01 De Rosa to help me get out of debt incurred by my car ($1,800.00). It went for $1,500.00. The Strong used the parts from the '02 De Rosa which is now been reduced to frameset form. Since De Rosa was my first "dream bike" in the roadie type, I'm going to hang on to the '02 until I determine that the Strong is better for me than the Merak (should only take a couple of rides to feel out). IF it is better, than I'm going to sell the '02 in frameset form. If not, then the Strong frame, fork, headset, and DA bb gets sold and I'm back to the Merak.
I wanted a high grade steel roadie for my next ride and then I saw the Strong on ebay. For the price, I just couldn't pass it up.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Double to get me up and running "right now" instead of waiting another month for compact or triple. I'm trying to get some $$ saved so not spending to get the Strong up was pretty key.
The chain stay is wrapped in StayWrap, the same kind of crap used to bundle computer wires. It's pretty slick and I have it on all my bikes, including the Tomac 204.
Also, looking at the rear spacing, it looks like a Miche 25mm tire will fit w/ room to spare. BTW Miche 25mm Pros are like a 28mm Conti, friggin' HUGE and awesome for the chip/seal roads.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Hahaha...nice! You should modify the front one so it reads "goat" when you're in the small ring and "meat" when you shift to the big one.

Enjoy the rides.
Nice thought. The original intension was for a triple up front which an indicator would have been sweet.

J

JRB

Nice ride Pau11y. I am about to post pics of a bike I built for the local shop owner today.