Quantcast

Woo Hoo....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/article/79845/l-equipe-reports-that-liquigas--manuel-beltran-tested

Spain's Manuel Beltran (Liquigas) has tested positive for blood booster erythropoietin (EPO), the L'Equipe sports daily claimed on its Web site on Friday.

The report said Beltran's A sample failed the test at the first stage of the Tour de France last Saturday, when he finished 25th.

Race officials could not immediately confirm the test results. A team official told VeloNews the team was waiting for confirmation from race officials before commenting on the article.

Beltran was in 26th place after Friday's stage, 3:20 behind the race leader.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
One by one ex-teammates of Lance are getting picked off.
I've been thinking that too, all of his top riders test positive after leaving his team....guess they didn't have as good of doctors on the new teams

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Man, I forgot about that website and haven't read it in about a year, good article.
I think I prefer reading his live stage updates over actually watching on TV.:shocked:

Lindsey is a great writer. His magazine stuff tends to be the same stupid crap that you see in magazines, I'm guessing that is what he is asked to do, but his blog is brilliant.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would love to see Vs edit their rewind ad with a shot of 'Tricky' in postal kit with Lance just peeking out in the background.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Might as well put Hincapie and Levi in it as well if guilt by association is the new standard.
Hincapie and Levi never had a close friend with no dark motives testify under oath that they had admitted to using EPO to their doctors. Nor have they ever systematically destroyed a long list of proven dope machines.

I think it is safe to say that under the new "guilt by suspicion" Lance wouldn't be able to ride if he wanted to.

Of course at a certain point in time I'd say they were all on the junk.