Quantcast

wood transitions

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
drew this for a different discussion, figured i'd post it here.... most people don't seem to talk about degrees of arc, but it seems pretty helpful. you could have a 6 foot tall ramp with 30 degrees for a long-distance sender... or 6 foot tall with 75 degrees for a trick booster....

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
So i've been toying with the idea of building a trick booter for the last couple off weeks. Its going to be used for dialing bigger tricks, backflips, tailwhips and what not. It will have a dirt landing. So far i've decided on a 60 degree lip, 4.2m radius making it 2.1m tall.

But i'm struggling with the plans and how much timber i will need. I could wing it and build it with no plans but i don't really want to waste money.

So does anyone have full plans around the same size as my one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
So i've been toying with the idea of building a trick booter for the last couple off weeks. Its going to be used for dialing bigger tricks, backflips, tailwhips and what not. It will have a dirt landing. So far i've decided on a 60 degree lip, 4.2m radius making it 2.1m tall.

But i'm struggling with the plans and how much timber i will need. I could wing it and build it with no plans but i don't really want to waste money.

So does anyone have full plans around the same size as my one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Those are good dimensions . . . although you may want to ask yourself do you really need it almost 7 feet tall? I would recommend 5 or 5'6" tall for normal jumping. If you're practicing for Crankworx then yeah, do 7.

As for the plans . . . . just wing it ! Once you understand the principles of what you're doing, you can use more or less lumber depending on how sturdy/strong you want it to be. You'll need thick (3/4") sheets of ply for the sides (the templates/transitions) and thinner sheets of ply (typically 1/2") for the riding surface. After that, it's just a load of 2X4's and 2X6's for cross bracing.

These are old school ramp plans, but still highly relevant for understanding the basics of whatever ramp you're trying to build:
http://forums.mtbr.com/urban-dj-park/thrasher-80s-ramp-plans-jpg-intensive-485306.html

This is one is from Whistler:

Last edited: