Quantcast

Woodman hubs???

J

JRB

Any info??? They seem a little lighter for the same money as Shimano. Would like to get Hope Bulbs, but want to go on the cheap for now. Will likely build failed hubs with Hope later.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
My friend built two new wheelsets with Bill LTC's at the beginning of the season. Right now the freewheel on neither will engage and he is SOL. I know he's already had to replace at least one of them earlier this season too. I reccomend you stay away.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
BTW: He's got one set on a GT hardtail for XC racing and another on a Marin FS for trail riding. He's generally not real hard on parts but puts a ton of miles on.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
lcoc wait one minute. the ones in the post above are the lowest end ones and to date is the first problem that i have heard with woodman hubs. i have been running a SS hub by them for over 2 years and it has been though 12' drop and dh style riding and now that same hub has been though about 4 months of my sorry ass trials riding. also in the past i owned their exteam hub and i was very happy with it but i wanted a better hub so i got a hope but i wish i never did that because the hope sucked in comparison.

as you can tell i love woodman hubs. also i have never had a product of theirs let me down. NO i'm not spancered(sp) my them. i love their stuff because the price is great and the product is better than the price. when you find something like that you tend to stick with the company.

also many of other people i know with their stuff have had the same or simular opinions

J

JRB

Based on what BMXman and Sir Crakien said last year about these Performance wheels, I bought them. Turned out to be $240 with 2 day shipping, but I will get $24 back later. I hate to call with web coupons, so I just went with it. The conversion sounds good, and they sound like the woodman hubs SC likes.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile_combo.cfm?SKU=19153&estore_ID=&subcategory_ID=5310&CFID=42645862&CFTOKEN=58552080

*edit - plus - how bad ass is it that they have my name on them??? I wonder how many people bought them because of that. :think: :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
loco said:
Any info??? They seem a little lighter for the same money as Shimano. Would like to get Hope Bulbs, but want to go on the cheap for now. Will likely build failed hubs with Hope later.
I have the convertable 20mm/QR front hub. It works fine, I got about 2 months on it so far. Price was more than shimano stuff, more like the level of a Hope Bulb or so, quality and performance is great so far.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I had a woodman ltc built on an arrow frx in June, it's seen alot of runs at snowshoe and on the local trails we use for shuttling. It hasn't lost it's engagement, but it seems to loosen a little after a week or so of heavy dh use so I tighten it often.

It's ok, but not great. At the end of the year, I'll be replacing that woodman with a hadley or king.

oats

Chimp
Feb 14, 2005
Oregon
i run the woodman bill extreme on my bullit and it works well so far. seems like a good hub at a great price.
nathan

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Dollar to Quality ratio, a woodman hub was the best I've ever owned!
(Woodman Bill Single Speed hub)

dhpunk~

Chimp
Jan 23, 2005
Canada
scurban said:
Dollar to Quality ratio, a woodman hub was the best I've ever owned!
(Woodman Bill Single Speed hub)
id agree!

i used a Bill Extreme for hardtail DH with out problems.....