Quantcast

woohoo finally found a sweet new local spot

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
so today i was just getting to the halfway point of my 25 mile trail ride when the trail ends. the trail, by the way, goes through 2 towns and follow the powerlines its mostly singletrack. anyways...the singletrack ends and i head out onto the road. i ask an elderly man what town im in and he says "chatam" which is the next town over from harwich(where kyle ebbett grew up:D :D ) which is my town. so i cruise a little further up the road and i see the power line poles again near a small dirt parking lot. so i head into the parking lot and VOILA i see some pretty sweet doubles. no rhythems but still some sweet doubles and a 7 foot dirt drop. finally a better place than the one i started which was one tabletop, a few small singles and a berm. anyways im wicked stoked and ill get some pics up tomorow.

edit: then theres this HUUUUUUUUUUGE dirt jump which i assume was built my mx'ers. when i saw huge, i mean like 12 or 14 feet tall

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
That's awesome. Unfortunately, there aren't really any trails around my town. But then again...maybe I just haven't found them:rolleyes: .

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Originally posted by Tully
That's awesome. Unfortunately, there aren't really any trails around my town. But then again...maybe I just haven't found them:rolleyes: .
yea i have been riding in my town for a while now and have only just started to find the good spots

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by mcA896
yea i have been riding in my town for a while now and have only just started to find the good spots
The problem here in Woodinville is that there are like three people including me who are into dh and freeriding, so no one has ever built any trails or dirt jumps or anything like that. My summer project this year is going to be to build some stunts, jumps, drops, etc. in the wooded part in the back of my yard. It's too hard to have to drive twenty minutes or more to the nearest riding, especially when one doesn't have one's license :( .

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
so i went back and there are some sick rhythems. a 12 pack and then a berm into a 4 pack. theres also a figure-8 track with some doubles and big berms. too bad i forgot the digi cam.