Quantcast

woohoo - I actually rode yesterday!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
First time in almost 3 weeks that I got to log some miles. Was a short ride, but still felt damn good to be back in the saddle. Did just over 10 road miles (road to my parent's house for dinner), got my first road flat, topped out at 50.3mph, avereaged just under 18mph for the ride, and didn't use my granny ring at all.

Now if I can keep from going 3 more weeks before my next ride...

Anyone else ride? Big ride plans for the weekend?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
First time in almost 3 weeks that I got to log some miles. Was a short ride, but still felt damn good to be back in the saddle. Did just over 10 road miles (road to my parent's house for dinner), got my first road flat, topped out at 50.3mph, avereaged just under 18mph for the ride, and didn't use my granny ring at all.

I'm hoping on riding in Portland next week. :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Perhaps Attitash tomorrow if I feel like getting hurt. Its pretty inevitable, I don't think I have ever come away from that place without donating some of my blood to the mountain. We will see though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i did a road commute yesterday, about 10 miles each way. not too bad. i've got a small big gear though (tallest is 32x12 or soemthing like that, it's my mtb hardtail w/ slicks)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
it's rained every day for the last 3 weeks and yesterday was supposed to be mtb day. i ended up riding my mtb but on the road. My buddies were turning laps so i jumped in with them for about 30 minutes and i avg 23mph!
that bike is awesome. then i took it easy for the next half hour.
i'm going to do a 2 hour ride tomorrow and that's it for the weekend. maybe a short mtb urban sunday night but have to meet with the fam.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice Jackson!!! 50mph huh...you must've been hauling ;)
We're planning on riding at MonkeyFest today, tomorrow and Sunday so we'll be sure to log a bunch of miles and will have lots of pics to share!

Have a great weekend!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I did a morning ride today for the first time in years. I really hate getting up at 4:30 am, but it was worth it. Its been over 100° all week, so riding early felt great. It was probably around 70° when we started. We only had time to get in about 6 miles, but it was quality 6 miles. One of my buddies took a digger and cut his forearm up a bit. He'll probably end up with 4-6 stitches.

No riding this weekend. Housework on saturday, then a nice long hike on Sunday on one of my favorite trails.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Some how I ended up running to the grocery store and doing a few other errands while my wife went for a ride. :think: I'm still not sure how that worked out.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
jacksonpt said:

50 mph ??? That's chorizo speed.

J

JRB

I am going to ride with Wumpus on Saturday and will call him a wussy.