Quantcast

Woohoo!!! New Bike!!!!!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Friday the dude in brown delivered a bike box to my front door! Unfortunately, it was right during dinner so I had to finish steak & vino before unpacking everything completely. I got a deal on a 2003 Bullit from a guy in Cali that was moving away from the heavy bikes. Here's the build it came with:
Race Face NS DH cranks
XT derailleurs front and rear
XT hubs laced to Sun Rhyno Lites
Fox 125 RLC
Hayes 9" brakes
5th element for the rear of course. Although, it has a 275# spring on it and I need a heavier one. I'm thinking a 325# but not sure yet.

Just as soon as I finished building it up I hooked up with a friend of mine and did a little bit of Urban riding. WOOHOO!! Was that fun! The bike felt really good immediately. I hit a few short drops and wow did that 5th feel good! Here's a pic of the bike with the original build.

Less than 24 hours after I got the bike I was over at a friends house taking off the Fox. It's kind of funny that it is the fork that I drooled over for my last bike and I finally have one and it's the first thing I take off. We mounted up a Zoch Super T on it. :D I had to get a different brake adapter so no riding Saturday. I got the front brake on by Sunday and it was a really nice day out, so it was time to see if I could push the beast up hill. I hooked up with a friend and rode Dakota Ridge & Matthews Winters. Damn was that fun!!!! So....here's a couple more pics:

Build #2 w/ the Super T

Dakota Ridge

:thumb: :thumb:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I almost forgot. Here's a pic of our son on the bullit. He was almost as excited about it as I was. He wanted to sit on it everytime he saw it.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Heidi said:
Sweet - I bet it rocked on that trail. It was made to ride that in it's sleep!
It was so smooth on that trail. :heart: What an awesome ride. I definitely need to do a bunch of tweaking on it to get it where I feel 100% on it. But, that was pretty much straight out of the box and onto the trail. I couldn't wait to get out and ride, so I'll do some more wrenching on it this week. :cool:

And, yes, Noah is still in diapers. He still doesn't like sitting on the top tube for very long though. :monkey:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It's very similar to my Bullit w/Super T. I have a MRP LRP on mine. It's a super fun bike. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Mike

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Dang......I was hoping someone would post a reply about how they had a spare 325# spring for the fifth and would sell it to me dirt cheap. ;) Oh well.....