Quantcast

Wooohooo!

  • Last couple of days to enter the Ridemonkey Secret Santa!

    Come exchange gifts with other monkeys! From beer, to light-up bike nuts, to custom machined holiday decorations, there's something for everyone. To participate, make sure you send your email by Moday, December 2nd.
    Click here for details and to learn how to participate.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
3,430
0
Charlotte, NC
bluebug32 said:
What's so special about the Skankees? If I paid top dollar to lure the best players to my team, I could win the world series too.

blablablabla


It is PROFESSIONAL Sports. That is the POINT. You are in business to WIN.

Thats like calling out Turner/Yeti/Titus [insert any high end bike co] and saying. Well if I paid for the highest quality materials, design and people Id could have the best bike company too.

Then go ahead and put your money where your mouth is? Dont have the jingle? Then ZIP IT.


Btw... I am not a Yankee fan (or baseball in general), but dang I am tired of hearing that H8raid commercial.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
blablablabla


It is PROFESSIONAL Sports. That is the POINT. You are in business to WIN.

Thats like calling out Turner/Yeti/Titus [insert any high end bike co] and saying. Well if I paid for the highest quality materials, design and people Id could have the best bike company too.

Then go ahead and put your money where your mouth is? Dont have the jingle? Then ZIP IT.


Btw... I am not a Yankee fan (or baseball in general), but dang I am tired of hearing that H8raid commercial.
You really think they Yankees would EVER win as a team if they instituted a salary cap like they have in football? No.

NFL forces teams to look to rookies and franchise players to win. Steinbrenner looks to buy anyone who beat him last season. He's a douchebag, along with the entire Yankee idea of buying the pennant each year.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
You really think they Yankees would EVER win as a team if they instituted a salary cap like they have in football? No.

NFL forces teams to look to rookies and franchise players to win. Steinbrenner looks to buy anyone who beat him last season. He's a douchebag, along with the entire Yankee idea of buying the pennant each year.
:stupid:
 

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
3,430
0
Charlotte, NC
robdamanii said:
You really think they Yankees would EVER win as a team if they instituted a salary cap like they have in football? No.

NFL forces teams to look to rookies and franchise players to win. Steinbrenner looks to buy anyone who beat him last season. He's a douchebag, along with the entire Yankee idea of buying the pennant each year.
Probably.... Who cares, the rules are the same for everyone. Steinbrenner isnt the richest guy on the block. Plenty of other people or teams could do exactly the same thing, but they dont. (wether the investment would pay off is unforseen). He has chosen to take that risk, you didnt.

Stop your whining, go out and raise a couple million dollars and then invest in a team of your choice.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Probably.... Who cares, the rules are the same for everyone. Steinbrenner isnt the richest guy on the block. Plenty of other people or teams could do exactly the same thing, but they dont. (wether the investment would pay off is unforseen). He has chosen to take that risk, you didnt.

Stop your whining, go out and raise a couple million dollars and then invest in a team of your choice.
Stop my whining? How is it whining? When I pay money to go see a game (for any team) I'm contributing money to the sport and more specifically, the organization.

If the teams actions make me want to NOT go to their games, then they lose the revenue.

I have as much right to say I dislike their practices as the next guy.

:eviltongu