Quantcast

Woooo Mo Frickin' Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Yes, They are soft and malleable. I did the same thing on my x.7's. When I got home I took it off the bike and sicked my channel lock pliers on it and bent it straight again. I just tried it on a whim and it's worked perfect for me ever since. I was pretty damn impressed that I could bend it it and not have it break on me. I have not had the same luck with shimano. After a year on the sram stuff, I'm sold.
My second was bent back but it doesn't shift perfectly.

J

JRB

McGRP01 said:
Loco, what's the frame weight on that? Also, what do you expect it to weigh once it's built?
Not sure - but I would think 32-34. It should be a little lighter than the Haro. I am thinking 6 1/2 - 7 lbs on the frame, but the wheels are heavy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
I must be a masterbender.
Yeah I would have to agree with you, I don't have 1/2 the tallent you have with a set of vice grips.

J

JRB

Done - I had to use an XT front instead of an XTR, due to clamp size. I'll get better pics up later. It weighs a beastly 34 1/2 lbs with those pedals.

J

JRB

They are Performance Stomp pedals, price. Don't know who made them, but they are just on until I get the Haro back together. I need to move brakes to it, and a new seat post and saddle. It is now the urban bike.

Rob - the wife is really pretty easy going. I have a rug that I build bikes on in the dining room, so bikes in the kitchen don't really bug her. I do get my new shop tomorrow. It is 10 x 14, with the 14' being 10 deep with a 4' porch. No more kitchen once I get electricity in a couple of months.

J

JRB

I forgot to make mention of the labels lining up with the stems. :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
loco said:
They are Performance Stomp pedals, price. Don't know who made them, but they are just on until I get the Haro back together. I need to move brakes to it, and a new seat post and saddle. It is now the urban bike.

Rob - the wife is really pretty easy going. I have a rug that I build bikes on in the dining room, so bikes in the kitchen don't really bug her. I do get my new shop tomorrow. It is 10 x 14, with the 14' being 10 deep with a 4' porch. No more kitchen once I get electricity in a couple of months.
Very nice. A new picture to add to the "post your workshop" thread?

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
That is sweet! Congrats, Loco.

You even slapped an RM sticker on your brand new frame! :thumb:
Thanks, Phil. I either need to quit buying bikes, or I need you to send me some stickers. That was my last one. I don't have one on the cross bike, or the road bike. wink wink wink

*Julie's car doesn't have one either.

J

JRB

Hey Wumpus - what color is the traffic light when you should go ahead??? :think:

*that is not gray.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
loco said:
Done - I had to use an XT front instead of an XTR, due to clamp size. I'll get better pics up later. It weighs a beastly 34 1/2 lbs with those pedals.

All this new Giant stuff almost makes me want to get one for an XC rig...I've busted a few in the past, so I'm leary, but I hear they're QC is way up...

Keep us posted on how that bad boy holds together....Looks awesome! Makes me wanna go ride right now...:mumble: Hmmm...."Office Space Freeride Double Down: The Cubicle Edition"...I can see it now....:blah:

J

JRB

I should also mention that for some odd reason, this has V-brake bosses. :confused: I don't get that.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Susan says you are color blind, too.
OK - they call your bike Champagne, but it is too brown to be champagne. I would say it is pretty close to sparkly brown. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I was planning to get a Banshee, if I didn't get this or the Saber.

*note - the frame was 8.2 lbs, or there about.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
I should also mention that for some odd reason, this has V-brake bosses. :confused: I don't get that.
At the same time I can't find an XC bike I like with v-brake bosses.
:mumble: :mumble:

J

JRB

Well - to answer mgrp01, or whatever his handle is, the frame is 8.2 lbs. The more I ride this, the better I like it. It handles steeps well enough that I even have confidence. It is a hoot to ride. Easy to throw around under me. I got in a little trouble with it today, but the Z1 Light I now have on it is really nice. I have to give this lots of thumbs up, but I am only posting one on principle. :thumb: I'll get a new pic up with the Z1 Light soon.

J

JRB

maxyedor said:
Not to be negative but 8.2# ouch.
It's a trail bike. Big deal. If I had gotten an SX Trail, like I started to do, it would have been heavier. Not to sound positive, but I like the ride, so it's better than a 6 lb frame to me.