words from the grave of blog soldier

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by SPINTECK, Jan 4, 2008.

1. SPINTECK

SPINTECK Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    A soldier in iraq who had a big blog site was killed. interesting last words. found it on crooksandliars.com, but put his blog at the bottom of this thread.

http://andrewolmsted.com/archives/2008/01/final_post.html

#1 -   Jan 4, 2008

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Slugman

Slugman Frankenbike

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    wonderful in the worst possible way....

#2 -   Jan 5, 2008
  3. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 34
    Well Maybe Windows is Bearable ! Unix Rules !
    That is a very interesting read . a Lot can be learned from it.

#3 -   Jan 5, 2008
  4. FrontRangeDH

FrontRangeDH Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Plato's quote has always stuck with me. There are a few quotes about war that are scary true.

Einstein: "I know not with which weapons the third world war will be fought, but the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones"

New Linkin Park quote especially true in this generation, not like in WWII when everyone went. "When the rich wage war its the poor who die"

While we may not support the terms or the war what so ever, we need to support our troops. I can tell you as the son, nephew, cousin and grandson of soldiers, no one wants to go to war less than a soldier.

#4 -   Jan 5, 2008
  5. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 149
    Let's respect his wishes ok?

#5 -   Jan 5, 2008
  6. FrontRangeDH

FrontRangeDH Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I dont thats whats being done here. I was strictly pointing out that war isnt good for anyone. I never said it wasnt a necessity in certain cases, which it absolutely is.

"On a similar note, while you're free to think whatever you like about my life and death, if you think I wasted my life, I'll tell you you're wrong. We're all going to die of something. I died doing a job I loved. When your time comes, I hope you are as fortunate as I was."

Every soldier I have ever known has felt that way about serving. Honestly thats how I approach my whole existence.

All that has been pointed out so far in these posts is that it is important to see the soldiers point of view in all of it. I did say that we all have a POV on the war but that doesnt change the fact that soldiers are just doing there jobs. I make a practice of saying thank you to every soldier I see on the street.

Reading back through the quotes I posted I see a bit of personal opinion popping in, but his story should be used on the personal level, not a political level like you point out and he wishes for

#6 -   Jan 5, 2008