Quantcast

Words that need to go away thread

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Serious one (not a word, but a phrase):

"You're an engineer, figure it out"

Right, because my experience in designing automation equipment is going to magically make assembling this 1,264 piece plastic doohickey with instructions only in Spanish any easier.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Serious one (not a word, but a phrase):

"You're an engineer, figure it out"

Right, because my experience in designing automation equipment is going to magically make assembling this 1,264 piece plastic doohickey with instructions only in Spanish any easier.
along this line, but on the other end of the spectrum.....

martket/sales/other non technical people trying to give engineering advice to engineers. :rant::rant::mad::rant::rant::mad::rant::rant: :twitch::bonk::nope::boss::shakefist: :thumbsdown: :banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::butcher: :butcher:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
along this line, but on the other end of the spectrum.....

martket/sales/other non technical people trying to give engineering advice to engineers. :rant::rant::mad::rant::rant::mad::rant::rant: :twitch::bonk::nope::boss::shakefist: :thumbsdown: :banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::butcher: :butcher:
Marketing Guy: "Well if you change that thing to match this thing, it would be much nicer looking."
Engineer: "Well then you couldn't do X, Y and Z with the machine anymore....."
Marketing Guy: "But it would look so nice on the brochure!"

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
What about specific words that don't make sense together?

"Wrap my head around it"

"Action item"

"Work that"

Sometimes office slang is funny, but its depressing when I see some people slowly start using it more and more without knowing. They're being assimilated by corporate America; resistance is futile!

As for an individual word I agree, hella needs to go away. It takes away any chance for the person using it to sound like an adult.
F'N corporate morons.

HATE those terms.

"Why don't you "REACH OUT" to him"

I'll reach out and plunge a fvcking steak knife into his throat.

Delish
Risqea (sp?)

Action items. FU