Quantcast

<)> Work Day #1 >(<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick last night. Light schedule today is a major win. After work I need to take the camper off the truck so that I can get said truck over to the tire/repair shop and figure out the vibration.

But first Espresso, then feed the furballs.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Already got shit on for a part I made a couple weeks ago that is out of spec.

Tired and sore from working on cars all day yesterday.

After a nine hour day, I have to go buy a roof box and then fix bikes all night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Enjoyable ride yesterday, made more enjoyable by my doing a log ride I've tried probably a good 30 times over the past 6 months. Made it 75% of the way before I got excited, lost focus, and fell off. :rofl:

Now to cruise through the week and prep for my younger bro's bachelor party this weekend out in NY.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, campers! 2300 yard swim done early. I've got to get my run done early before it gets too awful outside, although it's already quite gross. The Tour de France is apparenty ad-free on the Peacock app. It's nice background noise for this work day. One more advanatage of work-from-home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Interesting morning... I was on the freeway behind a trailer-less semi truck, which sucked up and flung a 3' x 3' piece of particle board up in the air. The thing hit my car dead square on the license plate and then went under the car, where parts of it exploded out the back. I thought FOR SURE the thing took out the radiator, but it looks to have just left a few scratches on the bumper and broke a clip on one of the plastic under tray panels.

And so the little blue Toyota shit box rolls on. This car is a trooper. :rofl:

At work to show the young guy what to do and now driving back home.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bedtime in Aotearoa. See you on the flipside, party people. :drool: Gonna be cold af tomorrow apparently and some wild weather to witness just down the road:

Huge waves forecast, residents on Wellington's south coast urged to take care
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/445669/huge-waves-forecast-residents-on-wellington-s-south-coast-urged-to-take-care
waves could be as high as six-metres along Wellington's south coast.
Does math to American in head... Almost 20'. Holy fuckballs that's big surf.

Here. Docket for week is almost empty, which is bad for me. Getting together emails for marketing outreach today across all clients. I'll probably run down to Audi at lunch. Two of the little plastic panels around the taillights are effectively single use and I need to get new ones, as I snapped clips when removing them. Plan for tonight is to start getting bikes listed for sale. DJ and Tri bike are tonight's goal, but need to swap tires on both bikes, as they are newer than the ones on my roadie and 4x.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Another 112 freedoms forecast today, that's a bit too much freedom even for me. I will likely hide inside all day. The wife slept in the spare room with the dogs last night because it's the coldest room in the house. The big AC in the living room and the big AC in the bedroom are on their last legs. We will get a quote and do a heat pump next Spring.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rode the roadie yesterday, because it was too damn hot to MTB, first road ride in 6+ months, climbed the big hill, legs are borderline inoperable today. Two double espressos for breakfast was a necessity.

Going to be hot as ballz again today, I foresee an extra long lunch at the beach.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of people I work with need to see a CFP. Lots of people I work with don't want to see a CFP because they are expensive. They would prefer to work with me because I don't charge them fees. I tell them they need more than I can provide and need to see a CFP, but ignore it, because CFP's cost money. Now I truly understand why people get taken advantage of by insurance salespeople. "Oh! I get a guaranteed rate of return! I'm not paying you, just the insurance company! Sign me up!"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sitting on the side of the road...outside jenner...

20210628_104740.jpg

watching the clouds roll in/out over the hills....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last night was the first night since we've been here that it was clear overhead for a bit in the evening. Stars were amazing. Not much on tap for today. We're all about beached out, kind of ready to go home. 2 weeks seems to be about the sweet spot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last night was the first night since we've been here that it was clear overhead for a bit in the evening. Stars were amazing. Not much on tap for today. We're all about beached out, kind of ready to go home. 2 weeks seems to be about the sweet spot.

I miss being able to see stars

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My house is shaking in the wind. It is cold. Was woken my a blast of hail. Allegedly snow on the beach in the far south, but nothing like that here.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got a raise today, which was unexpected. But I also have a wicked stomach ache...not really in the mood to climb Chimney. Wait and see.
What time are you thinking you might?

I can throw rocks as you come past our house if it gives extra motivation.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
(Excuse the super zoom blur)

This rock is about the size of a house:
5C6AEABC-A956-4FBD-B5F8-2990948A9E8E.jpeg

It is getting covered by every wave atm:
F5052864-16A9-4FC5-9F6E-48458BD8C00C.jpeg

Can confirm big waves are big.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
But is a large rock the size of a large house or a small rock the size of a small house?