Quantcast

work e-mail gripe

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hate when I get forwarded an e-mail that just says "Please advise", and it contains about five pages of correspondence that goes back three friggin years and it has four attachments and three web links.

:rolleyes:

My reply: "Please summarize the issue."

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
It's a pretty common thing in Corporate America. It's a way to drum up donation money.
Lame.

At least I don't have to pay to wear jeans on Friday!

I agree about the work emails. The other thing that gets me is the people who start copying everyone in the world on their correspondance when it's totally unnecessary. I'll find 10-15 emails in my box from a discussion that had nothing to do with me, or, at the maximum, the only thing I cared about was the start or outcome.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I Are Baboon said:
It's a pretty common thing in Corporate America. It's a way to drum up donation money.
And it also shows that dress codes are stupid, because apparently they can be tossed aside pretty easily. I mean some standards are needed but people need to loosen up.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
binary visions said:
Lame.

At least I don't have to pay to wear jeans on Friday!

I agree about the work emails. The other thing that gets me is the people who start copying everyone in the world on their correspondance when it's totally unnecessary. I'll find 10-15 emails in my box from a discussion that had nothing to do with me, or, at the maximum, the only thing I cared about was the start or outcome.
That's why I like creating rules in Groupwise or Outlook. I can delete all the crap in one folder at the same time. :evil:

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
My last job was like that. This one, I wear them daily.

My gripe is "2nd request". Our marketing coordinator did that to someone that is signing off on a price increase on a state contract. She knows I think it is obnoxious now. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Plus it singles out the people who don't donate, it's brilliant how charaties are able to get you're money!!!!

Not that it's a bad thing.. the marketing world should take a few hints.

I think I'll make this Friday, PUT YOUR JEANS BACK ON DAY and I'll make everybody pay me $3's to put my jeans back on.