Quantcast

Working on Christmas Eve...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I work in the legal field. Courts are closed. Post office won't deliver mail to us. Without mail, it makes no difference if the banks are open because we won't get any checks. I work in THE M-Fin' LEGAL FIELD. I should not be working today. And if today turns into another "half day" which means I get off work at 3:00pm, instead of 12:00pm, I'm going to be pissed. :disgust:

Join me in venting that I am at my office on Christmas Eve, instead of hitting the trails with my newly repaired Totem. :plthumbsdown:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just got in myself. Should be slow and if I get very lucky I will get off at 3 instead of 6.

Working X-mas eve sucks. :plthumbsdown:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I work in the legal field. Courts are closed. Post office won't deliver mail to us. Without mail, it makes no difference if the banks are open because we won't get any checks. I work in THE M-Fin' LEGAL FIELD. I should not be working today. And if today turns into another "half day" which means I get off work at 3:00pm, instead of 12:00pm, I'm going to be pissed. :disgust:

Join me in venting that I am at my office on Christmas Eve, instead of hitting the trails with my newly repaired Totem. :plthumbsdown:
you dont work in legal, its your own fault putting that ad on craigslist for a film fluffer, and besides i have seen you "hitting the trails" you spend more time skidding on your face than up right

merry christmas eve sucka

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I worked, now I am off. I plan to start drinking now, and attempt to spend the evening baking cookies. YEY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I went into work this morning thinking there would be at least SOME other people there, whether it be other engineers, manufacturing guys or facilities (there's people there 24/7 nearly all the time). There was some work I wasn't able to get done Friday and I'm one of those people that hates leaving work undone. When in today at 8:30 and I was the ONLY one there......out of an office of ~300 people. Got my work done quickly and got out at 10:00.

Just short enough so I can reuse my shirt and dress pants Wednesday without getting any dirty looks. :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I worked, now I am off. I plan to start drinking now, and attempt to spend the evening baking cookies. YEY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
I can't even get drunk. I have to drive to the relatives this evening and play Santa Claus for the kids. (NO Virginia, I don't care what they say...there ain't no sanity clause!) This will be fun and sad at the same time. When I was a kid my uncles would dress in a santa suit and us kids would get a visit from santa who would hand out gifts. Very cool when you're a little kid. We haven't done this in many yeas but we've decided to give it a go this year as one of my uncles may not be with us this time next year (Too much drinking, waiting for liver transplant). So on the one hand it's cool cause this new generation of kids has never seen us do this. On the other hand it's sad, the reason why we're doing it.

Anyhoo....

Then it's up early tomorrow to drive to San Diego for the wifes relatives, then back home-ish to my dads place for more of my relatives and then I have to work on Wed! And thank goodness for that cause there is still yet another family christmas event happening this day on my wifes side!

Sheesh, this christmas gig is turning out to be more work than work!

Next year I am staying home!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
i just got done working an 8 hour shift...it aint that bad...what else are you gonna do
What else? Get drunk and watch A Christmas Story all day while playing on my computer. Golfing. Riding. Cleaning the house.

I can think of a ton of things to do besides work.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
at least you're not working retail.
Try working at a ski resort, I worked today and have to be back at work tomorrow. Holidays are our busy times. i am ok with it though. I really do not consider driving a snow cat, and teaching people how to ski work. I just get payed to play.