Quantcast

Working out with fire smoke around

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
I work-out w/ weights outside...
Didn't yesterday 'cause it was pretty smokey, ash falling all around. :(
It's a little better today, but ash still falling :dead:, and lot's of smoke.
So:
Since when I'm lifting weight's I'm not breathing heavy , still the HR is around 120(max)... Not good? Should I not do this?
:monkey:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, are you in a ventilated gym or what?

Your heart rate could be elevated for any number or reasons.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I only let my doggies out about 10 minutes every 2 hours. Their little lungs will get burned! I am sick of being indoors.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Heidi, I said:
...outside...
(I know I'm cheap - but gym's are so expensive now days)

My work use to have a gym, showers, lockers, all that good "stuff". Then we moved to another building a few months ago (6 miles farther away) with no gym, no lockers, none of all-that ... :mad:
So, I got my little cart w/weights, pad, all my "stuff" and I fill my camping shower from the bathroom faucet & workout in the back parking lot (alternate road ride /w weights daily) I shower next to the trash bins, (there's 3 walls around the bins,so I have a little bit of privacy - don't be thinking flasher, here I leave shorts on...)

So that's my lunchtime working routine now, weights Mon, Wed, Fri, and 45 miniute fast/hard road ride Tue & Thur...

So: Maybe I'll wait for the "fire storm" to settle down then...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hahahaha!!! Now that is cheap! I approve 110% :)

Anyhow your HR at 120 wile lifting is no big deal. Doing anything with all the smoke in the air might not be such a good idea but you live in So Cal and it's not like your known for fresh air so... engh. :shrugs: The invisible poison you breath everyday will probably have more impact than an hour or so of smoke a few times each week. You can't burn forever can you?

Originally posted by ET_SoCal
My work use to have a gym, showers, lockers, all that good "stuff". Then we moved to another building a few months ago (6 miles farther away) with no gym, no lockers, none of all-that ... :mad:
So, I got my little cart w/weights, pad, all my "stuff" and I fill my camping shower from the bathroom faucet & workout in the back parking lot (alternate road ride /w weights daily) I shower next to the trash bins, (there's 3 walls around the bins,so I have a little bit of privacy - don't be thinking flasher, here I leave shorts on...)

So that's my lunchtime working routine now, weights Mon, Wed, Fri, and 45 miniute fast/hard road ride Tue & Thur...

So: Maybe I'll wait for the "fire storm" to settle down then...