Quantcast

world behold... i soon shall be an SUV driving arsehole...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so, i finally abandoned all my hopes on finding a low mileages, decent condition volvo 850 turbo.....

i went yesterday to an auto-fair there were having a few blocks from my house looking for a car.
i saw an ad about the hyundai tucson being pretty cheap. (20k for the base 2wd model), so i went to check it out....

i started looking and tested a few... the hyundai tucson, a seat leon cupra R, a short mitsubishi montero and... a Ssanyong Rexton.

the Rexton kicked major ass, quite decently equipped for a quite competitive price, besides being a real 4x4 (at compared to the tucson and other under 30k suvs)...
i test drove it for a while, took it home, went over a few curbs...
2.9 liters of mercedes benz turbo-intercooled diesel goodness....

the price??? a bit out of my budget... by a bargain considering what it is, and compared to the 25k pricetag of a 4x4 diesel tucson....
but 34k for the rexton is quite reasonable imo.

i´ll go this week to the dealership and see if they can knock off a few grand, or if they can discount me the demo truck....
any tips to see if i can score it for cheap???

if i cannot get a deep discount, ill end up buying the tucson....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
.:Jeenyus:. said:
How many mpg?

the brochure quoted a ridiculous 52 km per gallon highway for the manual (thats like 30mpg), and 32 km per gallon city (around 20mpg).

i expect it to be around 15 mpg city.... that wouldnt suck that much.
diesel is $1.50 cheaper than gasoline per gallon around here.