Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It's gonna be sketchy as hell either way. There are some HUGE G outs that riders are bound to hit going full throttle...and the runout is just more rocks.

This course is what every world cup should look like. Fast, sketchy, steep, rocky.

Last edited:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i cant help but think Sam has this one totally in the bag after checking out the video of the course.
ya the part with him coming around that high speed corner is nuts. he just throws the bike out there, drifts and stays at full speed. everyone else is braking.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Plenty of the course has been changed since the test event. A ton of corners have been added in the woods, the bottom high speed section is longer and has a super wide corner in it now. Some of the lines through the woods have been moved over a few feet to avoid mud bogs etc.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
This is super steep and huge. Hard to tell in a photo though. The guy at the bottom is about 6' tall.

i think that photo actually conveys how steep it really is quite well, look at the angle of the trees ect! thats ridiculously steep, same with the other 2 photos

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO

Gonna be some carnage there... even if it's dry.
Who's the nut job at 1:20 who goes huge twice down that steep face?? Thought it was Hill at first, but when you look at the bike as he passes, he appears to be riding a Syndicate-issued V-10. Whoever it is frigging destroyed that section.

Hill was pretty dam fast too - can't believe how fast/smooth he took that off-camber crap.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Who's the nut job at 1:20 who goes huge twice down that steep face?? Thought it was Hill at first, but when you look at the bike as he passes, he appears to be riding a Syndicate-issued V-10. Whoever it is frigging destroyed that section.

Hill was pretty dam fast too - can't believe how fast/smooth he took that off-camber crap.

Josh Bryceland. You'd be a fool to bet against him winning Jr's this year

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Steep and nasty.....it has written Kovarik all over it!!!!
And this year he rides some "real" tires. :busted:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Did anyone watch those vids from the test event?
I saw the top 5 guys runs (granted you got about 25 seconds or so of each rider) and Sam was really giving her at the test event, while it looked like Barel and Peaty were in a bit of cruise mode.

Just food for thought, should be an EPIC battle. Going to be a barn burner at my house with that sh1t playing live on TV via laptop.

And in the words of Peter Graves.... "LOOK AT THE TIME"

Last edited:

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Watch out for the kiwis, Arri Barrett and Brook MacDonald are scary fast in the juniors.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Did anyone watch those vids from the test event?
I saw the top 5 guys runs (granted you got about 25 seconds or so of each rider) and Sam was really giving her at the test event, while it looked like Barel and Peaty were in a bit of cruise mode.

Just food for thought, should be an EPIC battle. Going to be a barn burner at my house with that sh1t playing live on TV via laptop.

And in the words of Peter Graves.... "LOOK AT THE TIME"

Good spot, Peaty just cruised the top open section and that bit near the end, waving to his team and sh1t, whereas Sam was crankin' all the way.

It's all swings and roundabouts though, Sam was injured during the test event and only did 4 runs, so given that his performance was more impressive.

But test event means fcuk all really, Sam know he's the favourite, but Minnaar, Peaty, Gee-Bag, Barel and the gang have his number now, so it's gonna be good racing.

This is the first time since 2004 that Peaty is in with a solid and realistic shot at the rainbows. This stuff should be prime-time Sporting TV. Drama or what, can't wait.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Good spot, Peaty just cruised the top open section and that bit near the end, waving to his team and sh1t, whereas Sam was crankin' all the way.

It's all swings and roundabouts though, Sam was injured during the test event and only did 4 runs, so given that his performance was more impressive.

But test event means fcuk all really, Sam know he's the favourite, but Minnaar, Peaty, Gee-Bag, Barel and the gang have his number now, so it's gonna be good racing.

This is the first time since 2004 that Peaty is in with a solid and realistic shot at the rainbows. This stuff should be prime-time Sporting TV. Drama or what, can't wait.
Akula-doesn't Sam ALWAYS only do 4 runs? ;)