Quantcast

World Championships - Val di Sole

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah I'd pay to be able to download higher quality I think. Would want to see a sample first, obviously.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Fvck Gee, that was Sams race.
Well, it was Sam's race to lose when he got to that last turn. Gee stayed upright and stopped the clock first. He won, plain and simple.

Sam is probably the best rider right now but the bottom line is that you gotta get across the line first. Whether you get beat or "beat yourself" doesn't really matter, the pure sweet objectivity of the clock does not lie. That's DH racing. I don't know the guy but hopefully Sam would be the first to agree.

And personally, despite the adrenalin-fueled trash-talking, I have mad respect for Gee - his run was pretty awesome.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Dude, that crash is so weird. I don't understand why bryn crashes so much, he's so good but it seems like he is always crashing real hard on basic sections. Like he just spaces out or something. That was absolutely THE weirdest crash I have ever seen.
If you watch closely, there's a random specator who jumps away from the fencing just before the crash. I wonder if that distrated Bryn for a split second and he veered off into that bank because of it?

--JP

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Well, it was Sam's race to lose when he got to that last turn. Gee stayed upright and stopped the clock first. He won, plain and simple.

Sam is probably the best rider right now but the bottom line is that you gotta get across the line first. Whether you get beat or "beat yourself" doesn't really matter, the pure sweet objectivity of the clock does not lie. That's DH racing. I don't know the guy but hopefully Sam would be the first to agree.

And personally, despite the adrenalin-fueled trash-talking, I have mad respect for Gee - his run was pretty awesome.
Man, what you don't know is that I'm a fan of Hammarby IF, a football club, and as one I don't care about losing as long as we play the best looking game. The beauty is in the game and scooring 3 points is just a small part of it. No disrespecting toward Gee but Sams riding is out of this world, he's riding that bike like Luke Skywalker swings his sword. Gee's a mere mortal, all he won was a sweater, Sam has the highest source of trichlorides (hope my StarWars memory is right about that name.. :nerd: ) of all beings.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sam was up over 4 seconds on Gee at the second split.
And somebody said he was up over 6 seconds on the big jump before he crashed. Without that crash, he would have won by what 7 seconds.
Insane.
Sam was up by 6.83 seconds at the drop onto the super fast part where Bryn crashed. That is just about 3/4 of the way down the course. He was well over 8 seconds by the nissan jump.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Well looks like Sam had a 3c on the front, normally he loves his Super Tacky Slow Rezzy's:clue:
and by normally you mean not since 2006 right? Except for when he runs spikes i haven't seen him use anything other than 3c minions the past 2 years. If you're going to sweat the details make sure you pay attention :nerd:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Man, what you don't know is that I'm a fan of Hammarby IF, a football club, and as one I don't care about losing as long as we play the best looking game. The beauty is in the game and scooring 3 points is just a small part of it. No disrespecting toward Gee but Sams riding is out of this world, he's riding that bike like Luke Skywalker swings his sword. Gee's a mere mortal, all he won was a sweater, Sam has the highest source of trichlorides (hope my StarWars memory is right about that name.. ) of all beings.
I hear ya and that's one of the reasons I don't race very often. (Another reason is that I just ain't very fast!) But we are talking about racing here. A win is a win and this time it was Gee's day.

As for Gee being a "mere mortal", if Saturday proved anything it proved that Sam is also mortal.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Blew a hand off when he landed.

http://www.velovert.com/reportages/?idr=10#cat87

better photos/angle
Holy crap. That is a rough, rough sequence. His limbs and head are all over as he rolls. Blood and dirt all over his face at the end. Nasty. Glad he looks like he's okay at the end, though.

And, I just watched the vid of Bryn's crash. HOLY CRAP. Guess he didn't see that coming. WTF happened? Did he go faster there than he was thinking or forget where he was and just hit that compression over the front and not ready? If you haven't checked it out, take a look. Not too brutal, but very bizarre.