Quantcast

World Champs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
may i just say also, congrats to Rennie..... top 10 after a less then stellar year, serious come back that i think everyone was a bit iffy on, he really put it together even with an injury, so props to the big man

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
When Barel come down I thought that was it. The time, and it is Barel, and the chances he took with his machine. Did anyone else see him in that upper rock garden, holy ****!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Brook Mcdonald wins Junior Mens on a DH bike, as does Peaty.

Top 3 in mens on DH bikes

Fabien Barel took all the risks, weapon.

Sam Hill proves what hard work and clever training can do, in 2008 at Canberra Sam was over 9 secs down on the win, 2009 4th place, +2.71secs down, he will be gutted though, no medal at Worlds for the first time EVER!

Gee Atherton needs a new coach, he has looked flat adn tired in every race run this year. Same for his brother, their REDBULL coach should run and hide, over-training? I'm just speculating but he had Dan Atherton doing sprints just 2 days before 4x finals, heard of some tapering?

Sabrina Jonnier will be gutted adn destroyed. As will her team mate Cam Cole.

Greg Minnaar put his long Aryan legs to good use, almost got Peaty.

Nathan Rennie in the top ten, 7th ain't bad but he wanted more

Jared Graves is pretty amazing, 4x World Champ then 12th in the DH. How would it feel to be a paid DH rider specializing in DH getting smoked by Jared? Graves is an amazing bike rider

Mick Hannah and Barel both looked immensly gutted. Hannah needs a World Cup win.

Will Brian Lopes be pleased with 18th? Not bad for an old dog.

Finally...Steven Peat. World Champion

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
The most epic world championship in recent years. Jared Graves, Steve Smith and so good to see Kathy Pruitt on the podium.

I can't wait for the replay as I only got to listen to it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dammit! I thought I had time to go for my morning run.
I get back to this. I have just missed out on watching history being made.
Huge congrats to Peaty! A hell of a long time coming.
Congrats also to the big man Rennie! Yeah boy!
Now I need to go find the full results.

I hate that iPhones don't support Flash player.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I just want to say, thank you all for sharing this momentous night with me. Thanks Freecaster for a good job on the transmission.
Off to sleep now.
:)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've managed to see top 5... amazing result for Peaty!
Did he have some king of special-short-travel bike for this run?
It seems it didn't pay off for everyone...
I think Gee is the biggest looser...

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Brook Mcdonald wins Junior Mens on a DH bike, as does Peaty.

Top 3 in mens on DH bikes

Fabien Barel took all the risks, weapon.

Sam Hill proves what hard work and clever training can do, in 2008 at Canberra Sam was over 9 secs down on the win, 2009 4th place, +2.71secs down, he will be gutted though, no medal at Worlds for the first time EVER!

Gee Atherton needs a new coach, he has looked flat adn tired in every race run this year. Same for his brother, their REDBULL coach should run and hide, over-training? I'm just speculating but he had Dan Atherton doing sprints just 2 days before 4x finals, heard of some tapering?

Sabrina Jonnier will be gutted adn destroyed. As will her team mate Cam Cole.

Greg Minnaar put his long Aryan legs to good use, almost got Peaty.

Nathan Rennie in the top ten, 7th ain't bad but he wanted more

Jared Graves is pretty amazing, 4x World Champ then 12th in the DH. How would it feel to be a paid DH rider specializing in DH getting smoked by Jared? Graves is an amazing bike rider

Mick Hannah and Barel both looked immensly gutted. Hannah needs a World Cup win.

Will Brian Lopes be pleased with 18th? Not bad for an old dog.

Finally...Steven Peat. World Champion
great post

on the Athertons... don't you think guys in their 20s can handle sprints 2 days before a big race? we're talking about races that run 1 min for 4x, 2.5 mins for DH. I dunno, probably I don't appreciate how hard they ride, but I remember doing sprints in college lacrosse the day before games and it never made me feel lead in the legs.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
this just made my week! So stocked for peat! It was a close one two, I was jumping all around with my friends when minnaar came through... hahaha epic!

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Amazing run by Peat, pinned and flawless! I am stoked! Great to watch the finals on a big screen with a bunch of screaming racers at Sol Vista.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
No, Gee needs to pull his thumb out and go faster if he wants to win; end of sory. blaming the coach, really? please.

So psyched to see Peat win one, been crossing my fingers for him for 13 yrs!!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wow...what a race! .05 near-miss by Minnaar nearly made me crap myself as well. So glad I was able to witness one of the greatest moments in mountain bike history - F*CK YEAH, STEVE!!! Thanks Freecaster, VitalMTB, Transcend and anybody that was responsible for providing us with the stoke!!!

Neethling was pretty damned awesome in the booth, btw!

micke

Chimp
Feb 2, 2009
Sweden
Wow...what a race! .05 near-miss by Minnaar nearly made me crap myself as well. So glad I was able to witness one of the greatest moments in mountain bike history - F*CK YEAH, STEVE!!! Thanks Freecaster, VitalMTB, Transcend and anybody that was responsible for providing us with the stoke!!!

Neethling was pretty damned awesome in the booth, btw!
+1 on all of that!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
No, Gee needs to pull his thumb out and go faster if he wants to win; end of sory. blaming the coach, really? please.

So psyched to see Peat win one, been crossing my fingers for him for 13 yrs!!!
You need to settle down in your replys big dog, you reply to anyone and everyone like they are children, I've been around quite a while now and seen and raced against lots of the best at many different races, probably just like you, but I however don't feel the need to assert my supposed superior knowledge of professional bike racing on every misguiding dip**** poster in her, you need to settle down, wheter you are correct or not.

I was in no way saying guys only problem with getting wins this year has to be his coach. I was stating from what I know from his training and what I saw first hand at more then a few races this year that Gee consitenly looks flat and tired in the finals and to me (Seen as I do have Sports Science Degree) that maybe his coach is prescribing some training modalities that just aint working out.

I agree Gee needs to go faster, but part of picking up his pace in the technical and less so sections comes from his training and the feeling of sharpness a solid training and recovery programme should give you.

So basically settle down when replying my posts, I aint some squid fresh in from hucking his nuts on his Bighit.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
over-training? I'm just speculating but he had Dan Atherton doing sprints just 2 days before 4x finals, heard of some tapering?
I agree there coach is a little intense, but YES sprints two days before the WORLDS. I'm guessing you've never trained for any sprinting events.

Fabian would have won.........if it was the World Champs of All-Mountain, HA!

and it seems like you were trying to ass-ert your cool knowledge of racing as much as genital lee.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Enjoyable posts Akula, well said.

Still can't believe what happened last night. I had been to every world champs from 90-2004 and was so glad to have witnessed history LIVE last night, thanks to all involved in getting that feed, it was flawless all night, I would have burned the house down if it hiccuped while watching, but I got to see Peat become world champion.

Pretty much can shut the internet down now, nothing else matters in bike racing.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Is all the atherton coach sucks posts stemming from his appearances on the reality show thing? I want to assume he is playing a bit of a role on that show no? because I hope no one trains their athletes like that.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
America DH world overall points, placed USA in 3rd with Cody, Kyle and Lopes. Behind 2nd place of GBR and winners of AUS.
Pruitt grabbing a medal is cool too. USA chicks has not got a DH medal since 2001 in Vail.

Status
Not open for further replies.