Quantcast

World Cup 1, E-Predictons, Gossip, Views, News

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dante said:
main question is will Peaty be faster or slower on his V-10? Wil lbe interesting to see...
It always seems to slow the top guys to jump to a new rig. Seems like I remember him having a fall off when he first landed on Orange, but remember him attributing it to having to privateer everything instead of showing up at the GT tent and shredding. He had same front suspension but a new rear sus.
Barel had a drop off when he swapped out at first too, right(and completely different suspension front and rear???
Rennie dropped back a little at first on the V10 but came back as time wore on. He had the exact same sponsors for suspension though.
Only rider I can think jumped on a new ride in the last few years and got faster was Hill...but he's still so young, it's hard to not just contribute that to one more year of experience at the Senior level.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
bizutch said:
It always seems to slow the top guys to jump to a new rig. Seems like I remember him having a fall off when he first landed on Orange, but remember him attributing it to having to privateer everything instead of showing up at the GT tent and shredding. He had same front suspension but a new rear sus.
Barel had a drop off when he swapped out at first too, right(and completely different suspension front and rear???
Rennie dropped back a little at first on the V10 but came back as time wore on. He had the exact same sponsors for suspension though.
Only rider I can think jumped on a new ride in the last few years and got faster was Hill...but he's still so young, it's hard to not just contribute that to one more year of experience at the Senior level.
sorry, but what race series are you following. steve peat left GT for Orange and won the world cup overall for the first time his season on the new bike, nathin rennie left Yeti for Iron Horse and also wons the world cup overall his first season on the new bike. Palmer "downgraded" to a specialized from intense and went faster, pascal won his first ever world cups the first year he left the sunn team for be-one, nico vouilloz created his own team in 2000, rode a completely new one-off bike and finished no worse than 2nd for the entire world cup season. . . . . it's not the bikes:nopity:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bizutch said:
It always seems to slow the top guys to jump to a new rig.
It will be interesting to see. Peaty is already plenty motivated but sometimes a new gig can provide that little something extra. I'd love to see him dominate this year, he is so due and I'm an admitted SCB whore. However it goes it will fuel endless discussions about how much the bike really matters.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
General Lee said:
sorry, but what race series are you following. steve peat left GT for Orange and won the world cup overall for the first time his season on the new bike, nathin rennie left Yeti for Iron Horse and also wons the world cup overall his first season on the new bike. Palmer "downgraded" to a specialized from intense and went faster, pascal won his first ever world cups the first year he left the sunn team for be-one, nico vouilloz created his own team in 2000, rode a completely new one-off bike and finished no worse than 2nd for the entire world cup season. . . . . it's not the bikes:nopity:
hmmm....well. snot. Can't remember for sure if you're right, but I'll let you have that one. Can't pull up his results to get myself any firepower.
But come on...Rennie going from a boat anchor with crappy shocks to a IH...heh....that just shows the bike was holding him back (sarcasm).

AS for Palmer downgrading to a Specialized...I doubt that one. His bikes were the same suspension system and the support for that team was the greatest we've ever seen in terms of parts and tech. Who wouldn't get better after sobering up...ever so slightly...and actually TRAINING for it. Remember...he actually trained for the first time after he lost to Nico.

YOu can't use Nico in any bike argument...everything he's ever ridden looks like the biggest pile of scrap parts ever assembled.
ALIENS Don't count!

:love: :love: :oink:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
:Update from Vigo:

Not much is happening here in Vigo, weather is sunny but chilly, track was BONE dry today, pea gravel, will be super slippy if it stays dry, seems like we are due a bit of rain though. Phil Saxena said the local weather forecast promised rain for Mon-Wed, no sign of it yet.

Highlights so far: the driver of the SRAM truck ripped the side out of it off a tree trying to park.

GCross Honda van blocked a street on the oppisite side of Vigo to the track for 15mins.

I like Spanish

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Backpack1 said:
Hey, good luck Jeff!
Thanks! Just put the bike in the smallest box in the world... It looks to be about the same size as a tent box. Packing and stressing, can't wait to get there!

Hopefully tomorrow the giant clusterfvck of a city bus to the bus station, an Alsa bus to Madrid (4-5 hours), a subway ride accross Madrid to the airport, on the plane to Vigo, and a taxi to the hotel won't prove to be impossible with the bike box. *crosses fingers and hopes all works out*