Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Flight leaves early tomorrow morning. I figured I'd get ahead of myself and create and stick the thread in advance. I'll post up coverage and photos as well as video as often as I can.

Anything anyone wants to see in particular on freecaster or anyone we should talk to?

So Far we have tech segments scheduled with Mio Suemesa (Intense) and Luke Stroble (Maxxis Iron Horse) along with their mechanics. May throw in Julien Cammellini (Chain Reaction) as well.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
got a link to the freecaster stream?

are you going to be doing practise or just qualifying/final runs?
There will be daily freecaster videos from the event starting wednesday. 4x and downhill will be live around the world (free), except in the USA due to rights issues. The USA will get our highlight package as well as wrap-up article (everyone else will get these as well).

www.freecaster.com/mtb

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Flight leaves early tomorrow morning. I figured I'd get ahead of myself and create and stick the thread in advance. I'll post up coverage and photos as well as video as often as I can.

Anything anyone wants to see in particular on freecaster or anyone we should talk to?

So Far we have tech segments scheduled with Mio Suemesa (Intense) and Luke Stroble (Maxxis Iron Horse) along with their mechanics. May throw in Julien Cammellini (Chain Reaction) as well.
See if you can get a clean pic of Hill's jersey and ask him what he thinks of his springs.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
There will be daily freecaster videos from the event starting wednesday. 4x and downhill will be live around the world (free), except in the USA due to rights issues. The USA will get our highlight package as well as wrap-up article (everyone else will get these as well).

www.freecaster.com/mtb
At what time CET will those dailys be shown? It didn't say on that link.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
anything sam hill. see if he interviews fast too, or if he changes directions in conversation super fast and flowy.

but in all seriousness, can't wait to see what you put up, its always good!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Nice one Transcend. Was one of the highlights on the monkey last year, following these threads in real time as the races developed. Looking forward to it.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
That´s amazing, thanks, I can hardly wait!
Me either brnig it on!

Piccs of Sams bike side view drive side

Piccs of Steve Peats bike same view

Any tech goss would be good with pics of course!

Cheers awesome thread thanx for he heads up appreciated!

Results list!

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Any good riding footage would be awesome... leave the tech wankery and political BS for the non-race days, I just wanna see riders pinning the track!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Any good riding footage would be awesome... leave the tech wankery and political BS for the non-race days, I just wanna see riders pinning the track!
what he said. I'm always down with cool new stuff, but i'm always most stoked about the racers, pics, and seeing these threads real time!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
fraser,

be sure to get some pics of heikki in his sweet USA skinsuit... unless of course USAC finally got with the times and made a proper DH jersey for their natonal team riders.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
He should ask USAC for some of those new Olympic bmx team duds. They are designed by Bob Haro and have a Rad-esque 80's bmx look to them.

-ska todd

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
fraser,

be sure to get some pics of heikki in his sweet USA skinsuit... unless of course USAC finally got with the times and made a proper DH jersey for their natonal team riders.
Heikki is on the phone now in the toronto airport making sure his credit cards dont have a hold placed on them in Europe. No skinsuit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Can someone remind USA Cycling that about the whole "stars and stripes" thing? ...at least a few stars?

Oh..and Fraser, be sure to chase down Garritt Beytagh and ask him about his grueling training regimen from Carmichael Training Systems. Just hearing him talk about it the day before he left for Plattekill...I think i saw him turn a little green. :D

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Some info about the track:
The track is very similar to last years, with only a couple of changes:
- first jump is bigger and faster (you have to pedal to it, not brake),
- there is a berm after a wooden drop in the upper woods,
- a couple of diffrent lines through the rocks known as "Rock'n'Roll",
- no wooden bridge near finish, but insted a new jump,
- no finish jump.
4x is also a bit different...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Some info about the track:
The track is very similar to last years, with only a couple of changes:
- first jump is bigger and faster (you have to pedal to it, not brake),
- there is a berm after a wooden drop in the upper woods,
- a couple of diffrent lines through the rocks known as "Rock'n'Roll",
- no wooden bridge near finish, but insted a new jump,
- no finish jump.
Cheers, mint to hear about the track that I'll be riding after the race is over :biggrin:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Find a comfy spot by the slipperiestest, muddiest, gnarliest section and fire away! I loves me the goo sections and feel envy with every slimy roost tossed into the trees!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Few little dribbles of rain during dinner. I am guessing that satisfied today's 20% chance of precip. Walking is tomorrow. Everything here is hilariously confused due to no one understanding anyone else's language. Awesome.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Oh..and Fraser, be sure to chase down Garritt Beytagh and ask him about his grueling training regimen from Carmichael Training Systems. Just hearing him talk about it the day before he left for Plattekill...I think i saw him turn a little green. :D
What's the matter, was he tired of getting beaten at the local races by a couple 35 year olds and their 40-50hr work week training program?;)

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
already a 4x course there ? on saturday there was nearly nothing except the first straight and the huge finish double ...

i hope there will be again those biiiiiiig hamburgers :)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
already a 4x course there ? on saturday there was nearly nothing except the first straight and the huge finish double ...

i hope there will be again those biiiiiiig hamburgers :)
you mean like the ones fraser and i ate during 4X last year? i think i bought his and mine for a total of 3 euro or something ridiculously cheap... gotta love slovenia