Quantcast

World Cup #2 - La Bresse, France

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
The course does look very home made. Im all for pedally courses but that does seem to lack technical sections and looks very flat.
I always think head cam footage looks flat though so its hard to tell.
Is there any other footage of the race course with a hand held cam?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
is this place worth riding when i head out to France in June? or should we just stick to Morzine/Les Gets?
Stick with Morzine/Les Gets/Portes Du soleil and the surrounding area..if you have transport in June there is riding in Samoens, La Carroz, Sixt, Flaine, Monthey, Bex, Dorenaz all within 1hr or so of Morzine. then there is endless riding futher into Switzerland and if you head south of Morzine area, you have endless French resorts in Savoie, like Les Duex Alpes, Alpe d'huez, Tignes etc... Pila is also just 2.30hr from Morzine ad 4hr to shuttels on the Italian Riveria in Finale Ligure.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What's with UCI recently? I know the definition of a dh track is quite loose but shouldn't a WC track have at least certain qualities about it?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
not gonna pass judgment based off helmet can footage.... i'll wait until the event starts to shake out.

however.... all that open slope should make for awesome live footage on freecaster and eurosprt TV

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Stick with Morzine/Les Gets/Portes Du soleil and the surrounding area..if you have transport in June there is riding in Samoens, La Carroz, Sixt, Flaine, Monthey, Bex, Dorenaz all within 1hr or so of Morzine. then there is endless riding futher into Switzerland and if you head south of Morzine area, you have endless French resorts in Savoie, like Les Duex Alpes, Alpe d'huez, Tignes etc... Pila is also just 2.30hr from Morzine ad 4hr to shuttels on the Italian Riveria in Finale Ligure.
wow. i guess we'll stick with Morzine/Les Gets/Portes Du Soleil then...im sure itll be enough riding for a week right?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
The top looks real similar to Worlds in NZ a couple years ago and that got pretty whooped out and gnarly, so the course might get interesting.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Cully Right?

Or who else would ride gloveless for Schwinn?

Course looks lame but racing will be racing and racing always bring some kind of drama
Yeah! Cully is still the most stylish rider to have existed in mtb IMO! Sure there are plenty of sick styled riders around now, Cully though, was the original and is still so awesome to watch in the old vids!!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
wow. i guess we'll stick with Morzine/Les Gets/Portes Du Soleil then...im sure itll be enough riding for a week right?
In a week you would be hard pressed to ride everything in the Portes du Soleil. I wouldn't worry about other stuff to ride on your first trip. You are more than welcome to contact me if you want to ride with us or want directions. The trails in Morgins always make for a good day of riding, btw. I might even make a new trail this spring if the snow ever melts.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The difference between the two videos posted is huge! Both look very euro, but one is steep and tech, the other wide open (in both senses of the words).

Both look fun though. Stop yer damn whinging.

I'm not going to be there now. Heading down south to work on the boats again. Gutted.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
a little conspiracy theory - is it possible that minnar working with/in the uci has anything to do with all the pedaling tracks we see ?

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Dirt has some nice video of the track (¿?)
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/videos/la-bresse-world-cup-helmet-cam/dirt-1234948.html

To me looks like... mmm... probably a xc track that instead of climbing you go the way round, they ban skin suits but we are now suposed to race in XC tracks... I can't understand UCI rules... I think tracks should have minimum gradient and some minimal dificulty on it apart from trying not to put some shi* from a cow on your frame...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hmm, I told Brendan the other day that it was short steep and tech and that it'd suit him down to the ground... doh! :D

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
In a week you would be hard pressed to ride everything in the Portes du Soleil. I wouldn't worry about other stuff to ride on your first trip. You are more than welcome to contact me if you want to ride with us or want directions. The trails in Morgins always make for a good day of riding, btw. I might even make a new trail this spring if the snow ever melts.
sounds good. i told Damo id hit him up since he's local in the hood too.
we can have a Monkey Euro ride

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That Dirt video makes South Africa look mega technical. WTF is up with venue selection this year?

A couple of those off camber sections lower down could get awful exciting if it's wet though, bring on the rain!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Not usually. They are all cumbersome. They fog, they block controls, they get gross and humid on the inside anyways etc. I have only had one problem, ad that was from shooting a rugby game in an absolute monsoon for 3 hours. Even then, I only lost the back LCD, ad apparently they didn't find any real water damage...

A 1d is a very well sealed camera it seems.