Quantcast

World Cup #2 - La Bresse, France

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
How is it that nobody, aside from stik, has mentioned Hill finishing 4th sans chain? Oh my, oh dear, etc is right stik.

Does anyone know when he dropped it? Fraser?
Actually I mentioned it off the top. ;) He smashed his drivetrain on something mid course and managed to break his chain as well as a few other drivetrain pieces. It was about 20 secs from the bottom.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Is Matti that much off his top form after all that injuries? He did finish pretty high for such a crapy season last year (21st with 2 races unfinished and a total gear failure in Maribor) or is the MS Racing curse still on him?
I think that I heard that his split was on pace for a top 5 at South Africa. So his speed is there, even though he has been off the bike fo so long. His double flat at South Africa did not show his speed. But maybe because of his poor result there he is playing a bit of rain tactics at this race(since he is outside the top 20 overall). Who knows? I hope he has a good result, he deserves it!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I was speaking with an unnamed SRAM person at the otter about all this 10speed nonsense and he said we will see many more broken chains with 10sp DH applications, too thin, too weak.
I do not think Sam is on the 10speed, but it is possible.

I remember my DH wrenching days and always noticed only a handful of gears would get worn out. 10speed.....pffft

Oh, and wait till these guys get 10sp in mud! lovely.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sam was not on 10spd as far as I know.

Gracia has completely obliterated his already damaged knee. He was looking really depressed in his pit afterwards so I didn't go talk to him. He is on his way home to head to the hospital from what someone else told me.

jason3559

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
New England
Who would be interested in a DH specific chain, 5-7 speed cogset, and replaceable stainless chainwheels?

Stuffing road bike tech into DH isn't rational. But what do you expect from a company who went into a partnership with Lehman Bros.?:lighten:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I was speaking with an unnamed SRAM person at the otter about all this 10speed nonsense and he said we will see many more broken chains with 10sp DH applications, too thin, too weak.
I do not think Sam is on the 10speed, but it is possible.

I remember my DH wrenching days and always noticed only a handful of gears would get worn out. 10speed.....pffft

Oh, and wait till these guys get 10sp in mud! lovely.

yeah I don't get it. I run a 36t chainring and a 12-25 cassette. only time I ever use the 24 or 25 is pedaling around the pits or on xc trails. 10 speed is dumb

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yeah I don't get it. I run a 36t chainring and a 12-25 cassette. only time I ever use the 24 or 25 is pedaling around the pits or on xc trails. 10 speed is dumb
it makes sense in terms of sales, i am sure its going to be easier to market 'MOAR' = better for new products. and guessing by how much the SC guys are hyping it up, sram are probably hoping to sell it through hype. ;)

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Gracia has completely obliterated his already damaged knee. He was looking really depressed in his pit afterwards so I didn't go talk to him. He is on his way home to head to the hospital from what someone else told me.
Bad news bears... :shakefist:

Dude has some pretty big balls (or is just completely out've his mind, depending on which way you look at it) for even trying to race a World Cup with a blown-up knee.

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That really sucks for CG. I thought he recovered during the offseason. Any1 know the specific injury he has? Hope he gets well soon.

BTW. We just need a 5-8speed light casette that will be usable in dh. Preferably on a spider (or whatever it is called outside these parts) so that it won't kill hope hubs etc.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
from the helmet cams the course looks flat, watching brendan run it I was thinking who couldnt turn a WC time on it, then the pics reveal a bit more tech than I thought, but nothing that seems like some of the tougher WC courses

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I think it looks like a savage course, with some seriously steep sections. with all the rocks and ruts coming out, the race tommorow is going to be on an extremely rough course.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Traduction instantanée (instant traduction) :

He said, basically, that the track was supposed to be a bit lame when they first heard about it but it turned out to be really nice, fun and technical. He says it's up there with the best french tracks. Also, he talks about the chances of certain riders and names a couple of them like Peat, Minnaar, Hill & the comeback kid Hannah. That's about it.
didnt Barel destroy his knee in SA?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Pumped on Peaty! I thought he'd have a good shot considering the off camber stuff especially if its wet, as well as it being a bit old-schoolish.
Cool to see Cyrill Kurtz way up there too, has he even been racing much since Honda?

This course is driving me bonkers to get out and shred!

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Thanks y'all for the coverage! Can't think of a better way to spend my convalescence then waking up at 5 for freecaster coverage!
Yeeeoooow!
:clapping:

:rockout:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Cool to see Cyrill Kurtz way up there too, has he even been racing much since Honda?
I ride with him a bunch in the summer in Chatel, France. He rides all the time and still kills it. It is just in the race runs where things haven't come together. I think it is more his mental game that he has been working on and I was also pumped to see him getting up in there. The track seems to suit his riding style. The kid corners like an animal.