Quantcast

World Cup 2010, 6 rounds good or bad?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Did Rennie have a hand in that deal?? ;-)

Bro, it's just '10! That is, unless you referred to the 80's as the "980's" and your birthdate as "975". :D

On topic though, I'd love to see one more wisely-located race thrown in there to help out the racer who has a fluke crash or mechanical and loses a ton of points because of it (Peaty's flat last week comes to mind). It seems like Bromont or La Bresse would be good cost-effective choices.

--JP
Why Knock Bromont, its a fresh course with potential, more like give St. Anne a break since there less then 3 hours away traveling at quebec speeds and its been used as long as ft bill almost. new courses make it more interesting for the riders

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Why Knock Bromont, its a fresh course with potential, more like give St. Anne a break since there less then 3 hours away traveling at quebec speeds and its been used as long as ft bill almost. new courses make it more interesting for the riders
I'll watch MSA way before I will watch Bromont and Bromont is only a 1:30 drive. MSA is 5hrs.

MSA has character, history and is insanely tough.

I am bummed that Bromont is off for next season though since it is so close but at least Windham is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
MSA blows Bromont out of the water. the venue, course, and parties are classics and it has been used more than twice as long as Ft. William for good reason. 2010 will mark 18 world cup rounds and 2 world champs over 20 consecutive years.

Bromont is a great venue if the front of the mountain is used, but the back side pretty much sucks in terms of terrain, amenities, parking, etc. I doubt UCI liked playing second fiddle to a water park.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Bromont is a great venue if the front of the mountain is used, but the back side pretty much sucks in terms of terrain, amenities, parking, etc. I doubt UCI liked playing second fiddle to a water park.
I think it might be more like Bromont didn't like paying UCI money. Maybe they will have a big non-UCI WC event in one of those non WC weekends.

I'll miss the race at Bromont, but wouldn't trade MSA for it. That's why 6 rounds sucks.