Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
nike jerseys have always been nicer than adidas
I only WISH Adidas had the fashion sense that they have at Nike. I think they should redo the US jersey to look more like Oregons jersey for the next world cup.

I'm partial to the diamond plate look as it would instill fear in the hearts of other countries.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...and adidas have mostly gone the skin tight look which i don't dig.[/quote]

Oh yeah...I forgot about that idiocy. The skintight needs to go away. Good point...but as a whole, and as a player, I much prefer the Adidas. When I was playing (Beer league soccer w/ my village team) in Germany (I love saying that, because it sounds bad ass, just leave out the beer league part...), we had several sets of jerseys...my favorite were the Masita, a lower end jersey/kit manufacturer. But you will never see them on the WC stage...

Hey Jimmy, we gonna get the barbed wire faux tatt on the sleeve too?

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
yeah my club gear is masita but their stuff isn't the greatest of quality my gear bag strap snapped after about 3 weeks.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey Jimmy, we gonna get the barbed wire faux tatt on the sleeve too?
That would work!

Or we could use the ghey ass wings they did last year:

Then everyone could get the string and feather tattoo and be hardcore wannabe native americans.

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
im talkin about nike football jerseys no other sport, adidas jerseys are always too plain and were either horrible fit(old) or now skintight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
im talkin about nike football jerseys no other sport, adidas jerseys are always too plain and were either horrible fit(old) or now skintight.
My Adidas keeper jersey is sweet. My Diadora jersey is nicer, but it was also big money (but it's awesome!)

I haven't worn a real field jersey since 1980 :rofl: (I will post that picture when I get home)

<edit> That is a football jersey, sheesh.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Don't have a 2010 one, but my 2008 fits really well... slim fit, but perfectly cut, good materials/construction and cools really well. Tempted to use it for biking :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The 2 goals by Uruguay made it feel not-so-much like domination imo, but Germany looked alive today and played good ball. Loved that Boatang got into the action today (unlike the match against Spain). Also loved that Suarez got boo'd every time he touched the ball.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. I'll be cheering for the team that plays good ball and plays clean.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Anyone else think this ref is a little too freakin' sensitive? This is a contact sport, after all. I mean, the karate kick to the chest was acceptable, but otherwise getting within 2 feet of someone warrants a card or free kick?! Sheesh! Maybe it's just me...

:rant:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Anyone else think this ref is a little too freakin' sensitive? This is a contact sport, after all. I mean, the karate kick to the chest was acceptable, but otherwise getting within 2 feet of someone warrants a card or free kick?! Sheesh! Maybe it's just me...

:rant:
I think the ref has been pretty solid so far.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What a crap match and crap result to boot. If this is the state of world soccer (as though last time around wasn't bad enough,) I'm going to pass next time around.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
As gutted as the Dutch must be now with their cynical fouling tactics they deserved to lose. Congratulations to Spain, worthy winners.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
I think it's funny that people get their panties in a bunch about missed calls, bad calls, etc etc etc. That's how soccer has always been. Replay stuff for calls would ruin the game. Players contest everything the refs do. If there was a replay, games would be ridiculously boring and long. Get ova it.

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
I think the ref has been pretty solid so far.
haha are you serious, that was the worst refereeing display i have seen in a long time, webb is a **** ref he's **** in the premiership and the champion's league, now he got to bring his ****ness to another level in the world cup. spain are such diving fags and holland are filthy players, spain deserved to win though.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
From the second half on (missed the first half), the officiating was terrible, again, and neither team played brilliantly. I'd rather have seen it go to penalties. Overall, that was a disappointing WC.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
haha are you serious, that was the worst refereeing display i have seen in a long time, webb is a **** ref he's **** in the premiership and the champion's league, now he got to bring his ****ness to another level in the world cup. spain are such diving fags and holland are filthy players, spain deserved to win though.
I say the sky is blue, you say it's orange. This is how we get on.

Still, a crap game all around.

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
well you're the only person that i've talked to out of possibly hundreds including other forum talk etc that doesn't think howard webb was shocking, which is par for the course with him really.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
well you're the only person that i've talked to out of possibly hundreds including other forum talk etc that doesn't think howard webb was shocking, which is par for the course with him really.
I think he had a tough job to do today, and from what I saw on TV, he did a decent job. I don't know the guy, his name, nor the back story... nor really care.