Quantcast

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Excellent first outting from ze Germans. Team looked tight and in control. Good display of patience and huge a confidence boost after the first two goals. This young squad may just give the Spanish/Brazilians a run this year.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
good weekend! my slovenes won (in a barely watchable game) against algeria (first WC win EVER!!!!) and ze germans schooled the aussies! way to go!

Attachments

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Excellent first outting from ze Germans. Team looked tight and in control. Good display of patience and huge a confidence boost after the first two goals. This young squad may just give the Spanish/Brazilians a run this year.
They need Ballack to return and play well...

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I dont think they need Ballack to do well...he is certainly a huge addition but perhaps the way they are forced to play without him will give an opportunity for others to step up.

I find the people who complain about the vuvu-whatevers to be more annoying than the actual noise. If you actually watch and are interested in a game you dont even notice it after ~2minutes. There's always constant noise in the background during football matches...this is just different than what we're used to.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
It is funny that folks are so worked up about the noise. As someone else said, there is always a ton of noise at soccer games. You just turn it off.

I tried to post this earlier: The Japanese tried their damnedest to loose that game. It really should have been 2-1 Cameroon and I say that as a person who was rooting for Japan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i need to find an mp3 of this. can you say new phone ringer?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!, GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!.

Fixed.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Just turned on the Italy/Paraguay game... holy rain!

While the horns don't bother me, nothing is as good as the singing they do during EPL games.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So now Italy, England, and France all have a single point in the group stage. Whoda thunk it? I have a funny feeling England and Brazil will fail to advance past the first round of KO's.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Really? Source? I have not heard this...
spiegel.de in an article about the new captain philipp lahm

it's german, some sentences via google translate

Ballack has worn the captain's armband in the national team for six years now, and in that time has completely changed the team around him. It has become young, modern, a group of young men, almost all in their early or mid-20s, footballing universally trained and used on multiple items. Ballack and striker Miroslav Klose act now between all the Marins, Khediras, Kroos' and Özil like relics from another football era.
In addition, Lahm is more binding in tone than Ballack who is looking for its internal leadership buttressed by gruffness at times - and that fact after the European Championships in 2008 lost in the younger age of authority. Ballack appeared at that time as an ailing, aging even star, who had to use his elbow to keep the pursuing young guard in check - and while still embroiled in an equally violent as unnecessary conflict with the national coach. That did not forget some of the younger players.
To Ballack after the World Cup it can be lonely in the German national team. In future, the generation Lahm the shots.
google translate is a bit rough but i think you'll get the tone...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ballack is not needed at all he is crap now, too old and such a moaner. the germans are fine as it is.
:stupid:

They looked the best so far IMO. I haven't seen ALL the games thus far, but of the games I've seen, Germany looked most impressive.