Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
x3

Too bad the ref decided to red card the goalie (granted I haven't watched a lot of soccer in my life...but I have never seen that before. Haven't even seen so much as a yellow card for something like what the SA goalie did...).

Way whack...
I have seen it (I played keep all my life) and I got a Blue card in indoor for a move like that. If the keeper takes out a player that had a clear scoring opportunity and prevented it, it's red. Otherwise it is usually yellow.

Not sure it deserved a red as it seemed to be mostly incidental, but it is the world cup.

In indoor, a blue is 2 minutes in the box (hockey?). Being a keeper, I just picked someone to sit for me.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
x3

Too bad the ref decided to red card the goalie (granted I haven't watched a lot of soccer in my life...but I have never seen that before. Haven't even seen so much as a yellow card for something like what the SA goalie did...).

Way whack...

Perhaps the Ref is just sick of those fvcking stupid plastic horns and wanted some revenge for his hearing loss??

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006

kdo ne skače, ni slovenc!

gremo slovenci! daj mu po pički in jebi mu mater!

:D

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looking forward to Nigeria/Greece this morning. Hopefully Nigeria start playing like a team.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, only a matter of time.

Don't count out Nigeria yet, though. It should be 2-2 because they had an open net.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What a heartbreaker of a game. The boys are still not playing well. Missed an open chance.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Best world cup for names ever, last night the Nigerians had Shi ttu and Odeah and in this game there's Demerit and Jokic.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That was bull****. The US should have won that.

Still, we're ok. We need to beat Algeria, and then we're, at worst, in a 3 way tie with 5 pts.

Edit: beating Algeria by 2 or more guarantees advancement.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
That was bull****. The US should have won that.

Still, we're ok. We need to beat Algeria, and then we're, at worst, in a 3 way tie with 5 pts.

Edit: beating Algeria by 2 or more guarantees advancement.
1 - The US *shouldn't* have needed to get a goal in the 86th minute to win this thing. If they'd played half as well in the first half as they did in the second, this wouldn't have even been close.

2 - That ref couldn't have blown this game harder if he was on all fours wearing a Max Mosley outfit. *slurp* *gag* *spit* *slurp*

:rant:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I was just in the grocery store and some woman asked me what the score of the game was today because I "look like someone that would know." I was all like "WTF is that supposed to mean!?" Actually, I told her it was a 2-2 tie. :monkey: Clearly she digged me.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, so there is still a chance. If England loses or ties and we somehow manage to not suck against Algeria, we might make it to 16.