World Cup 2019 Team Rumors

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Sounds like Josh did SC dirty after they stuck by him when he decided to stop racing. That Roskopp interview was a tough listen.

Maybe Bryceland is on an organic, grass-fed compostable bike made from locally sourced ingredients.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I was shuttling a trail last weekend, and places on the shuttle rig were pretty rare as this was probably the last week the trail was open for the year and plenty of people came out to ride. So everybody was delighted when some e-bikers decided that they needed even more assitance:

Predictably, the owners of these bikes spent all the time waiting for the shuttle e-vaping.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
"rah rah rah, downhill mountain bike racers aren't paid enough, its bullshit that they can't make ends meet!"
"The guy who has won the overall more times in the past 8 years than all the other riders combined is getting paid? Fuck him, lets talk shit about him wanting to make money for his work and building a big house!"

:rofl:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
After, of course. But I think rat basically said traveling with me mates is fun, shredding and jibbing is fun, but training monomaniacally for enduro isn’t fun.

I hope the sport keeps growing enough so that it can support these guys in some sort of post-competition career.

I’d gladly take Gwins millions and split it among Peat, Rat and Fairclough to put out edits and do other cool stuff for the fans. MTB needs it’s Cardiels.

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
He clearly deserves what he’s being paid, and as a millennial living in California he is super fortunate to be able to build his dream house. (I just think he has bad taste).

"rah rah rah, downhill mountain bike racers aren't paid enough, its bullshit that they can't make ends meet!"
"The guy who has won the overall more times in the past 8 years than all the other riders combined is getting paid? Fuck him, lets talk shit about him wanting to make money for his work and building a big house!"

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So leaving aside Rock Jeebus' housing taste, who you guys think he will be riding for next year?

I might be wrong, but from his chat with Ben Cathro when debuting the 29" YT, he didn't sound too impressed with the big wheels.

Last edited:

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Hope he goes somewhere he hasn't been before. While they might be decent bikes, Trek and Specialized might just be the most boring brands in the business.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013

If anything for all of his dominance a million dollars a year is not alot of money. If anything he is way underpaid. What does he actually take after CA taxes, health insurance, etc? Look at Graves, so sad to see a legend of the sport have to worry about $ after a career like that, the bike industry should be ashamed.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
If anything for all of his dominance a million dollars a year is not alot of money. If anything he is way underpaid. What does he actually take after CA taxes, health insurance, etc? Look at Graves, so sad to see a legend of the sport have to worry about $ after a career like that, the bike industry should be ashamed.
Is graves struggling for money? Doesn't Australia have universal health care? I honestly don't know, I just know he's struggling with brain cancer, and very little more.