Quantcast

World Cup 2019 Team Rumors

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The Pinkbike article said that he can ride other tires if the crap Kenda puts out isn't up to par. It will be interesting to see if he rides Onza or Maxxis in the beginning of the season.
Or bontrager or specialized! Seems like every new team gwin comes to, he designs (makes them replicate) a new maxxis minion. Tires have gotten better with him on the scene for sure, I'm looking forward to kenda making something worthwhile, more tire companies that actually make something good can only be a good thing for making tires come down from the ludicrous 90-100 dollar range.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
interesting tidbit in here....... apparently Jeffward Steberhands was working with Cesar Rojo (Unno) on the development of the M29. this confirms it was one of the "other company's projects" the CR has alluded to in interviews

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/intense-restructures-with-a-new-management-team-and-a-commitment-to-racing-development.html
Yeah, he has been working with Cesar since the VPP patent expired, to tune/modify the system beyond the patent claims.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, he has been working with Cesar since the VPP patent expired, to tune/modify the system beyond the patent claims.
reading more in that article, i think its good that some of the new investors are coming over from the moto world, where racing really is a big business. but dear god please can we leave the scripted rehearsed pre- and post- race interviews out of this?

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Guy Martin is definitely one of a kind. The man is incredibly endearing, but I can at best maybe understand half of what he's saying on the first attempt.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I was partial to this one from PB

"Chad has got that look when you know the e.bikes are already in development, but you release a 6 paragraph long PR piece about RACING being everything."

I saw that guys eyes and was gonna ask if he was responsible for frame alignment checks.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Guy Martin is definitely one of a kind. The man is incredibly endearing, but I can at best maybe understand half of what he's saying on the first attempt.
Have you seen this:

TBF though. put youtube's subtitles on any Guy Martin video and it's pretty funny.

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
No sign of Martin Whiteley in the Intense team. Is he sticking with YT and Angel Suarez?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Gwin interview says Whiteley staying with YT Mob.
link for the lazy (or confused)...

that was a weird article. this is just one side of it, but it seems like the owners of YT were making business decisions while drunk. but Whitely decided to stick with them (for the time being), so it can't be as shady as Gwin is making it out to be. can it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

that was a weird article. this is just one side of it, but it seems like the owners of YT were making business decisions while drunk. but Whitely decided to stick with them (for the time being), so it can't be as shady as Gwin is making it out to be. can it?
yea i'm not sure exactly what to make of it. i've got some thoughts forming, but i need more coffee first.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010

Not sure that Gwin throwing any dirt around - however gently - is a good look for him or his sponsors.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not sure that Gwin throwing any dirt around - however gently - is a good look for him or his sponsors.
Read through the comments and Gwin himself responds to what happened with Trek.

I didn't ditch Trek, the team owner backed out of his original agreement and tried to force me to sign a contract that wasn't what we agreed on. They then went online and were dishonest about how it all went down. Just because I stayed quiet during that time, doesn't dignify their accusations. Years later we talked again and they apologized for their actions and those conversations eventually led to me working with Martin again to form the YT Mob. It's a business and I don't take this stuff too personal, all these brands are just trying to do what they think is best for themselves, it's their job. I've not always made the easiest or most popular decisions initially but there's more that goes on behind the scenes than you see. I can say for sure that I have always been honest, had integrity, and treated people kindly.
Interesting!

Can we watch some racing yet??

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah, I don't give a shit about all this business stuff. But for my own sake I hope that Gwin is angry about the situation, just so I can see what happens when he approaches the first rock section of the season on the World Cup.....

“I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them."

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, I don't give a shit about all this business stuff. But for my own sake I hope that Gwin is angry about the situation, just so I can see what happens when he approaches the first rock section of the season on the World Cup.....

“I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them."
:brow:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Read through the comments and Gwin himself responds to what happened with Trek
Every time he switches sponsors he seems to make his previous ones look bad. I appreciate being loyal to your new sponsor and of course it is the best bike you ever rode, but if you have nothing good to say about your previous sponsors then do not say anything at all.

He never mentioned how much money he asked for from YT. Maybe they would have kept funding him if he had delivered at World Champs? Maybe they knew that they could get out of a LOI as he did with Trek?

commencaldh

Jeremy Hottinger
Apr 26, 2015
Graham Agassiz on Evil. Gotta be a new dh bike in the works.
would be cool to see something that's a 29er with how developed they are in that wheelsize, but graham being a freerider, and with norbs riding for them, its probably going to be a 27.5. Or maybe they'll just give them an undead with new paint #26wheelsarestillrelevantright?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Nothing directly, but I'd bet that evil has some plans for some racers if they're going to be putting out a DH bike

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nothing directly, but I'd bet that evil has some plans for some racers if they're going to be putting out a DH bike
Aggy doesn't need a DH race bike tho. He needs a long travel dirt jump bike for stunting 90ft jumps and roost kickouts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Props to the Atherton's on aiming to sustain themselves after their Pro racing careers come to an end.