Quantcast

World Cup #3 - La Massanna, Andorra

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Either a hoodie or combination big hat with flat bill and black calf-length socks pulled all the way up. Take your pick.
regardless i bet it was free of lame people making lame comments about other people's style.... but look at all those dudes John P.... Guy trips missed out :busted:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
regardless i bet it was free of lame people making lame comments about other people's style.... but look at all those dudes John P.... Guy trips missed out :busted:
Precisely. Not sure what you did last night John, but I can guarantee you everyone here had a great time with their friends.

Also, 8c and rain sort of tends to lend itself to hoodies. :nopity:

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
heh, looks like a sausage fest
there was some girls there! but it wasnt exactly an even ratio

sun is shining round now and weather is trying to clear up, walked the 4x today with some guys and its very soft in places and theyre thinking of ways to deal with it, last 3 jumps are bigger and better then last year and there is a new section added at the bottom

practise starts at 4?¿ i think so we´ll see what the riders think of it, the start is pretty rad anyhow

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Wow, you ladies need to lighten up. I'm busting balls over here, and personally don't travel anywhere without my hoodie.

As for last night? Put the finishing touches on a 9-day Whistler trip, did a 2-hr ride, and had my girlfriend over. Totally lame.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Pissed rain all afternoon, clearing up now in time for another cedric party at his bar. It was a gong show last night. Absinthe, beer, champagne and all sorts of other booze he couldnt sell flowing freely. Ridiculous. BBQs on the deck, beer on tap at a bar outside as well as inside, great times in Andorra!

The course is almost the same as last year, slick as ****, and will be one gigantic rut by tomorrow at 4pm when practice ends. More rain on horizon, and then possibly sun for race weekend!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
4X sounds so rad and 'grueling'...can they just kill it? kill it now.

From Annekebeerten.com

This is the second year in a row that we have a World Cup in Andorra. Due to the weather last year it was not a big success... The track was wet and almost not rideable. As it looks now it is not going to be any better this year. Since yesterday it has been raining a lot and the track is in some spots very soft. There is still snow on the side of the track :)
Practice got canceled today.... so tomorrow we hopefully have some extra practice before qualification.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
4X sounds so rad and 'grueling'...can they just kill it? kill it now.

From Annekebeerten.com

This is the second year in a row that we have a World Cup in Andorra. Due to the weather last year it was not a big success... The track was wet and almost not rideable. As it looks now it is not going to be any better this year. Since yesterday it has been raining a lot and the track is in some spots very soft. There is still snow on the side of the track :)
Practice got canceled today.... so tomorrow we hopefully have some extra practice before qualification.
translation: the men killed it on the jumps, especially Atherton who was quading some sections, while the women rode around everything and were a side show to watching the puddles dry.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I am so glad I just get to watch from the internets. It looks like its going to be nasty but awesome.

I am thinking Peat and Hill in the top 3 for sure.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I still think Bryceland is gonna do it this year. He's my pick for Litter OTB.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sunny and cold today. Perfect bluebird day for skiing...wait a minute. It snowed super gently on the chair, but the track is drying out and getting really fast. A few sniper roots still catching people out and throwing them into the woods.

Sam and Brendan are chasing each other down the course with a pair of helmet cams as we speak.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Sunny and cold today. Perfect bluebird day for skiing...wait a minute. It snowed super gently on the chair, but the track is drying out and getting really fast. A few sniper roots still catching people out and throwing them into the woods.

Sam and Brendan are chasing each other down the course with a pair of helmet cams as we speak.
awesome, can't wait to see that!! thanks for the update :clapping:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Sammy Hill beats the Media to an update, not much in there other then him and Benny are using a new Specialized Mud tire ingeniuosly called the "Storm".

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Ha mean looks like Specialized designed a "pre" cut-down mudtire. Ha, ask and you shall recieve if your name is Sammy! Hhaah

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Ha mean looks like Specialized designed a "pre" cut-down mudtire. Ha, ask and you shall recieve if your name is Sammy! Hhaah
Kirt, David, Oscar, Palm used to request wacky tire stuff and would get it done pretty fast when they were proto-ing specialized tires.
It is weird over 10 years ago they went big on racing DH tires, testing, etc...but never really did what they could with it.
I forget the actual number, but back in the day specialized tire business accounted for 80% of their profits.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
not bad... you have to give credit where credit is due. the fact the spcialized is giving sam and brendan 100% support and product development is pretty rad for such a large company who has been out of the gravity game for so long. it is good to see that they are not half assing it.

a lot of companies sign a big name rider and then just market a bunch of stuf around them without actually improving their products. it is noce to see a company taking advantage of what a world class rider can provide in terms of product testing and development.