Quantcast

World Cup #3 - La Massanna, Andorra

Zebulon

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Cardiff
The Freecaster feed was great for me it didn't pause once and I watched all of the live coverage. I thought the commentary was a lot better than the last round too.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Feed was flawless for me as well, only complaints were:

1) Not enough cameras (as usual)
2) The through-the-woods footage didn't seem... right somehow. At first it looked sped up, but after watching it for a bit it just seemed choppy?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I'd love to point out that the top 5 guys today all speak ENGLISH as their native tongue. (Sorry, I have given up on the top american stuff and resorted to ENGLISH as being americas only highlight...no we didn't create it, but close enough hahaha)

RTG

Chimp
Apr 23, 2008
On ze peddles
They need to sort the sound levels. Fabien was great as usual but too low, Rob too loud, cedric had a bit of hangover it seemed and was too low while the music over slomo's (which is a good addition) was too loud again.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
Feed was pretty good but definitely need more cameras. Come on UCI, cough up and you might actually be able to get some bigtime sponsors back. This is almost as good as having it on TV.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
They need to sort the sound levels. Fabien was great as usual but too low, Rob too loud,

Really? Thats super wierd because I had the exact opposite. I could hear Fabien (excellent btw!) perfectly clear and it sounded like Rob's mic was off and i was could barley hear him through Fabiens.

does anyone also feel that fabien was a better commentator than CG?

i too, wanna be dynamic on the bike! ;)

i would have liked a camera at the landing of the blind drop off. altho, it looked like many were scrubbing because the landing was so tight. i also would have liked another camera between that boulder drop in the woods and the finish line straight. seems like a good amount of racers were up at that point, but finished down at the finish.

Last edited:

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Fabian did an excelent job as a commentator imo. He paid attention to the action all the way, and commented what was wort commenting on, not just random rambling like Warner. Good rambling though, don´t get me wrong :)
The sound quality on Fabian/CG´s mic where a bit shady, but worked all right.
The camera work was not that bad, but it can always improve. Remember guys, we´re in the birthstage of downhilling-tv here. We´re so lucky to be able to see this!
THANKS FREECASTER!!

PS! Hope you´re cameraman is OK.

Albion

Chimp
Sep 25, 2008
Freecaster worked excellent here, fullscreen on the tv!

Really impressed with Robin Wallner (swe) in 20th place, a young 21 year old privateer driving around in a van with other swedish friends doing the worldcup without any real factory backing. 23rd in the total standings too.

And now he's famous for crashing into the cameraman :-)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Congrats to Cesar_rojo! 38th aint too shabby! Great work!

Also congrats the Gwin, Warran, and Riffle! 16th, 17th, and 35th respectively!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, i saw that too and suspect that he went down right there, since it took him a really long time to show up on camera in the next section; he really did look a little out of control going over that lip.
Sam blew up off that drop. He landed a bit sideways and got LAUNCHED. He somehow ended up in the snowbank about 75m away. He is happy to be alive he said. It could have been MUCH worse.

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
Gutted Sam lost it as he was absolutely flying on the first section and by far the most entertaining rider to watch.

Glad Peaty got his 17th.

I would love to have seen camera work of the final section where Mick Hannah killed everyone else for absolutely ages. Shame the UCI couldn't stump up for one more camera.

RTG

Chimp
Apr 23, 2008
On ze peddles
The video is crazy. I have no idea how he even got up. Worst crash I have seen in a long time.
Could indeed read that off the body language from the spectator at the livefeed. He grabbed his head so suddenly I already had the feeling something was pretty wrong. Was hoping he couldnt believe how insanely fast Sam was instead but no luck ;)

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Congrats to Cesar_rojo! 38th aint too shabby! Great work!

Also congrats the Gwin, Warran, and Riffle! 16th, 17th, and 35th respectively!
Thanks so much! Really happy with result got a flat on la bresse on qualify so couldn't make it to the final and here was all good, so pretty happy, goal was top 40 :).

About Sam's crash a friend got it taped it's the one Fraser is talking about i give the parkin bros his phone to try sort out the fotage for the dirt tv but have no clue how it ended up.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Just wondering - I've heard this song before, but - who is it and what is the name of it in this vid clip?

I'm pretty much speechless with Peaty. Back to back wins making for 17 in total... UNREAL.

Mick has been a beast this year - very consistent and just on it. It's good to see Leov up on the podium as well. Smith 10th and Polc 14th - not bad guys! Congrats to Cesar Rojo as well!

I feel for Rennie - he has so much power and potential. I really want to see him at the top of the podium one of these days.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Just wondering - I've heard this song before, but - who is it and what is the name of it in this vid clip?

I'm pretty much speechless with Peaty. Back to back wins making for 17 in total... UNREAL.

Mick has been a beast this year - very consistent and just on it. It's good to see Leov up on the podium as well. Smith 10th and Polc 14th - not bad guys! Congrats to Cesar Rojo as well!

I feel for Rennie - he has so much power and potential. I really want to see him at the top of the podium one of these days.
I believe the song is 'E-Pro' From Beck??

How lucky did GT get by signing Mick, very cool.

K Shiz told me Rennie is winning worlds, so you will be all good there

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Ha - OK, so at least Rennie will have that under his belt.

:)

Yeah - seriously - GT made a good move with Mick. I think that year off really helped him a lot.

Hmmm... Beck you say? I'll youtube it. Thanks Stik!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
2 hundredths? Been a while since there's been a WC finish that tight hasn't it?

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
poor Rennie, again
I dont know about Rennie but I suspect he is the master of his own demise. He just seems pissed at himself.

It seems to me that for the last two years, every time I have seen him being interviewed post quali's or post race, he has just hated on himself. I think he has this negative mind set going on and its really affecting his results.

This is just my impression of watching the interweb, I am probably wrong but I dont see anyone else on the circuit bagging themselves. People are either sitting on the fence (i.e. modest) or really positive.

Its all in the head.