Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That was possibly the best online free article written in a long time. Spomer, you really DO care!

1. In terms of nicknames for GM, I think it should be 'The Prodigy'
2. The list of big dogs up for the win is insane!
3. Hill may not win...even finish...given the randomness of DH. Same goes for GM
4. Is Rennie wearing knickers?
5. Hill to Specialized. If that rumor ever played out, then I can't wait to see him testing at Windrock this winter! heh...:think:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I lol'd when I read this:

"...Gee can easily podium, that's not the concern. To see this happen, the rest of the family may have to get involved, however. Rachel could hide in the woods with sticks for other riders' spokes. If those wearing skinsuits were too fast for her, Dan could rip trees out of the ground with his bare hands and crush those who snuck past her. Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box. That would make a fairytale ending for the Atherton's already fairytale year."

Great write up Litter!

Gwin in the top ten! :biggrin:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Stribbler is going to be on it as well for sure.
Shlamdinger is about as close to home turf conditions as you could get.

Don't count him out.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Is Dave racing or just watching?

My brother left on Saturday to make a mini vacation out of it. I wish I could go, but the school district doesn't really like it when their teachers take time off when school's actually in session. :(

too bad, looks like it will be a good one. I'll be glued to freecaster for sure.

Stik, don't tell me you and Warner are teaming up? that'll be the saltiest commentary ever (and by that i mean it'll be brilliant).

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
The Litter mag piece is brilliant! That is the kind of coverage we need to build the drama of the sport and get more coverage in mainstream media. I was excited about the race before reading the article but on the edge of my seat now. If the frickin' morons at NORBA could of put out press releases like that back in the late 90's the National Series would still exist with good tracks, actual prize money and big sponsors.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looking forward to the play-by-play from stikman, color from Warner. Should be a good one. Go Freecaster!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
looking forward to the play-by-play from stikman, color from Warner. Should be a good one. Go Freecaster!
yeah, the coverage is gonna be awesome. those close to the source have said stik has done more than his fair share of homework (like fraser's spreadsheet comment), so that'll be rad. can't wait!

thanks for all the props on the litter pre-game show. SVEN deserves so much credit for it. they're his photos from a year of busting ass on the World Cup, and he came up with a good majority of the facts and base writing. having someone in the trenches is so valuable for any real content. surfline does it for the surfing world cup and we figured it was time to try it for mtb.

this race is gonna be so sick!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
LitterOTB for schladming DH is up and running. winner gets grips, goggles and gloves. it's free.

predict men's winner/time and women's winner/time.

AllRideTour

Chimp
Jul 27, 2008
©2001;3046035 said:
LitterOTB for schladming DH is up and running. winner gets grips, goggles and gloves. it's free.

predict men's winner/time and women's winner/time.

I am going to win this one.

After my amazing predictions for Mount Saint Anne

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
litter wins. ok so what time can i watch the dh finals here on west cost?
freecaster has the countdown clock right there for you and your time zone on the page/video. if you go to any page with the broadcast embedded and it says "2 days 13 hours" in the video area, that means for you, in your time zone, it's 2 days and 13 hours until the race shows up on your screen.

just check the page on friday night, it'll give you the countdown to saturday's finals

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So yesterday was a travel day. It just so happens that Lutze and I (as well as Ced, Emmeline Ragot and Needles) all shared the same tiny prop plane flight to Salzburg.

Redbull's Hangar 7 is actually at that airport, and it is an opportunity Lutze and I couldn't pass up.

Pretty much the coolest place ever if you dig planes or race cars.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Why has no one noticed that 23 Degrees released Sam Hill's pre-race words?
Sam isn't one of Whiteley's athletes.
Or is he?
If he is, there are openings for all sorts of rumours...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Why has no one noticed that 23 Degrees released Sam Hill's pre-race words?
Sam isn't one of Whiteley's athletes.
Or is he?
If he is, there are openings for all sorts of rumours...
Martin has done the Team Monster updates all year long. I know, as I have been supplying the photos for them all year long.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That weather has to be measured at the top of the mountain, right? I have a hard time believing it will be a high of -1 on Monday, as it was 25+ yesterday and 16c overnight last night.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
That weather has to be measured at the top of the mountain, right? I have a hard time believing it will be a high of -1 on Monday, as it was 25+ yesterday and 16c overnight last night.
i think so, but the weather will change on thursday or friday. We had nearly 3 weeks of sunny and warm weather. That's pretty long for good old austria. Attached the weather forecast of schladming city:

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/schladming

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So the pit setup here is a gong show. No one knows where to go because there is 2 pit areas as a hotel was built in the old area. Waiting till 2pm to go walk the course with everyone.

Also, our hotel has a shooting range and bowling. Hell yes.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Awesome photos and writing Sven did! I'm going to finally watch the whole race this weekend....watch all morning, sleep during the day, ... :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Find a local with his daughter imprisoned in the basement and you have one hell of a party.