Quantcast

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
(Feel free to delete if I'm violating some rule by asking this but...)

Has anyone tried capturing the freecaster feed? It would be so nice to be able to watch with some friends later in the day and, I don't know about you, but I really don't enjoy drinking as much when it's at 7:30 in the morning.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Man, Sam looks PUMPED! YEAH BRO RARRRRRRRRRRRRRR... delivered in that laconic Aussie manner. That's about as animated as I've ever seen him. I think he cracked a smile/twitched an eyebrow!

:-)

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
(Feel free to delete if I'm violating some rule by asking this but...)

Has anyone tried capturing the freecaster feed? It would be so nice to be able to watch with some friends later in the day and, I don't know about you, but I really don't enjoy drinking as much when it's at 7:30 in the morning.
freecaster has live replays usually a few days after the event

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
World Cup finals preview is up on freecaster!

http://www.freecaster.tv/1000006_1005815
That right there is why Minnaar is a classy guy. Fast as he is he's not too proud to say that "With Sams's track record here, you're pretty much fighting for second place." Not that I really have a problem with the slightly more cocky attitude of someone like Atherton, but it's nice to hear guys like Minnaar (much like RC and Stewart in MX) give credit where credit is due.

I think that's a sign of true confidence, when you don't need the chest thumping and trash talking to know you're fast.

Last edited:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
That right there is why Minnaar is a classy guy. Fast as he is he's not too proud to say that "With Sams's track record here, you're pretty much fighting for second place." Not that I really have a problem with the slightly more cocky attitude of someone like Atherton, but it's nice to hear guys like Minnaar (much like RC and Stewart in MX) give credit where credit is due.
agreed.

rad vid. can not freaking wait for this race!

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand

I think that's a sign of true confidence, when you don't need the chest thumping and trash talking to know you're fast.
Spot on.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007

Nice one.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
Thanks, but isn't that just the top few runs? I've never noticed a full coverage replay.
take a look through the vids. there are full race replays. well, what ever they do live. i dont think they always show live the entire field.

i dont remember if all the races have the full replays though. you'll have to look at what they have.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I have NO IDEA what this pic has to do with Schladming Dave???? :think:

You know Dave, I had all sorts of funny little quips about this little photo...but I thought I'd let the big dogs take a shot at captioning it:
It has nothing to do with Schladming, that's why it's in the Canada Cup gallery and not the Schladming one. :clapping:
My salad floated in the hot tub, so i ate it that way; yum. No comment on Jamie Biluk's choice in swim wear though.

Not totally Schladming related, but he put up a few from the 'vacation' part of his trip thus far:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11323996@N02/sets/72157607220357781/

Last edited:

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I have NO IDEA what this pic has to do with Schladming Dave???? :think:

You know Dave, I had all sorts of funny little quips about this little photo...but I thought I'd let the big dogs take a shot at captioning it:

Lee, I thought you had better taste than to toss Frasers salad.

:cheers: :biggrin:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
^ wow, how hygienic :rolleyes:

so when are they planning on giving Sam the gold medal? Thursday? or maybe during the 4X awards? I mean, there is no point in denying it, he'll have it by Sunday afternoon regardless.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
take a look through the vids. there are full race replays. well, what ever they do live. i dont think they always show live the entire field.

i dont remember if all the races have the full replays though. you'll have to look at what they have.
They have the world championships and canberra up (unless I'm missing the others). It still would be great to be able to capture the feed on saturday though...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
... Redbull's Hangar 7 is actually at that airport, and it is an opportunity Lutze and I couldn't pass up.

Pretty much the coolest place ever if you dig planes or race cars.

Nice!

...but Hangar 18 is WAY cooler:

http://ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOUGR0_VT4

...(being part German myself) you can't have Germans without 80's death-metal.

:biggrin:

"My salad floated in the hot tub, so i ate it that way"...
Jesus Lee... does Dave know about this?

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So practice here just ended. Some guys are already absolutely pinning it. I rode up with Sam and Brendan this morning, and Sam was making Brendan nervous as hell, he was leading out and it was full on right out of the gate on run #1.

Smith was looking really fast as well, which is great to see after blowing up his knee. Minnaar is also shredding as is Fabien. Lots of guys are nursing end of year injuries that have been nagging them for awhile and it shows as plenty of legends are limping around the pits looking like they went 10 rounds with Tyson.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Those knee braces will destroy a frame. My poor old Uzzi DH back in the day got clobbered by my CTi, but I loved those swappable knee pads for the braces. I still have my $3500 (back then) custom knee brace lying around somewhere. Hope I never put that thing back on. But if you got 'em on, they're worth their weight in gold.

And Hill doesn't look bored in that pic...he looks pissed.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Fast isn't even the word Billy! That last grass straight away is insane.
for sure... you can pretty much no brake it from the turn above the XC bridge down and around the last corner.

the finish jump/step down is rather large and it needs to be scrubbed big time... my first run at it i landed half way down the finish chute.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Right, I predict Sam absolutely pinning it. He knows he probably won't get the overall even if he wins the race, so I'm hoping to see him taking stupid risks to lay down some proper domination, he'll want to make a statement after a not-great season for him.

I'll be disappointed with anything less than an 8 second margin, especially if it's wet :D