Quantcast

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hmm, I was out for the 4x but it doesn't sound great, they better have their **** together for the DH or I'm gonna cry!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Fraser taking out riders again. Probably threw a stick in his spokes... you know, just "capturing the moment" :D ;)

Great shot :)

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wait, Vouilloz is racing? If so how did this escape the attention of pretty much everyone; 'cause last i checked that would kind of be a big deal.

Too lazy to check to official start list, but I'm assuming someone saw his name on there. Can anyone confirm if he is he actually present and racing?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Nico racing?!?!?1 SICKKKK!!!

Sam will do good for sure regardless of the condition...but my money on Greg for the overall.

Cant wait for the RACE ! yahoo!!!!:biggrin:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Nico was going to race Schmalding last year.......after Champery.......he broke his wrist though i think.

Someone find an old press release......?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I think Matchew was just referring to Vouilloz in the post above his and thought that meant Nico was racing.

Anyone know what time qualifying is/is over? Gonna git up extra early just to catch those results :)

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Random thought of the day:

Think its possible that just the fact that each day of practice is being documented on film now for everyone to see so soon, that that in itself is helping to push the riders? Take for instance... Peaty's line as seen in the MTBcut vid from today into the right hand corner where he sneakily hops up into the grass to set up wide... NUGGING FUTS! Im sure other riders there that hadnt seen that now will give it a shot in tomorrows practice after watching the vid.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I think Matchew was just referring to Vouilloz in the post above his and thought that meant Nico was racing.

Anyone know what time qualifying is/is over? Gonna git up extra early just to catch those results :)
live feed kicks of at around 7:30am on the East Coast.

Some of you may know that my real job is that of a middle school teacher. well, seeing as it was friday and the kids were being good I fired up freecaster in my classroom and they watched the 4x live during their lunch period. General concensus among a group of ADHD 13 year olds is that it was pretty cool. But they liked the DH clips of freecaster/dirt-tv even better. None of them will probably ever ride a DH bike, but at least they can drink the koolaid :)

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Some of you may know that my real job is that of a middle school teacher. well, seeing as it was friday and the kids were being good I fired up freecaster in my classroom and they watched the 4x live during their lunch period. General concensus among a group of ADHD 13 year olds is that it was pretty cool. But they liked the DH clips of freecaster/dirt-tv even better. None of them will probably ever ride a DH bike, but at least they can drink the koolaid :)
They probably used some useful expressions from Warner as well...

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!

thanks for the start time lee. ill watch it before i head up to diablo!!!

and thats so funny they you let the kids watch it. id be so stoked if i was 13 and were watching it. when i was 13 i was racin bmx so id be yellin at everyone to shut the F up so i can hear.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox

Thats pretty cool, the education systems need more teachers like you.

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008

lol, wish my teachers would do that.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
7am here in schladming, and it is raining... rained on and off all night but never heavy, and they are calling for scattered light rain showers all day

all this hype of mud i am not buying... so far the track has gotten better each time it has rained so i am pretty pumped to see what it will be like today

this is one track you can hit flat out when it is wet... sooooo much grip

250 dudes fighting for 80 spots, yeah it's gonna be tight to make the final

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
©2001;3049899 said:
are they showing quali's on freecaster? i thought it was just finals starting in about 6 hours from now.
DH finals start at 1:30pm here in schladming if that helps

east coast USA would be 6 hours back (7:30am) and west coast three back from that (4:30am)

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
7am here in schladming, and it is raining... rained on and off all night but never heavy, and they are calling for scattered light rain showers all day

all this hype of mud i am not buying... so far the track has gotten better each time it has rained so i am pretty pumped to see what it will be like today

this is one track you can hit flat out when it is wet... sooooo much grip

250 dudes fighting for 80 spots, yeah it's gonna be tight to make the final
Thanks for posting, being a competitor. And good luck in semifinal!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Freecaster site is dead for me already, not a good sign :'(

Still, at least I get to watch it at 12:30pm and don't have to get up in the middle of the night like you monkeys :D

ianl90

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
there's just no way i'm going to sober up in 4 hours, but i'm setting my alarm anyway. :cheers:

i know exactly what you mean GL. Dr. peppers(not the pop) and heineken is doing work on me right now, not the best combo. unless you really want to get smashed.

good luck trying to get up. hopefully i dont pass out before it starts

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It's working for me. It's 2:17am here and it starts in 2:12 hours!!!

I'm drinking Iced caribou coffee to compensate for sleep and tangueray gin.

Last edited:

pinkgoat

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
Australia
From farkin.net:

SEMI FINAL Results after 13 riders , NOT FINAL RESULTS ....

1 256 BLENKINSOP Samuel NZL YETI FOX SHOX FACTORY RACE TEAM 4:10.27
2 12 FAIRCLOUGH Brendan GBR MONSTER ENERGY / IRON HORSE 4:10.76
3 4 ATHERTON Gee GBR ANIMAL COMMENCAL 4:11.02
4 1 HILL Samuel AUS MONSTER ENERGY / IRON HORSE 4:11.48
5 3 PEAT Steve GBR SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE 4:15.04
6 27 MINNAAR Greg RSA SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE 4:15.68
7 8 BAREL Fabien FRA SUBARU MOUNTAIN BIKE PRO TEAM 4:16.13
8 255 LEOV Justin NZL YETI FOX SHOX FACTORY RACE TEAM 4:20.72
9 22 KOVARIK Chris AUS CHAIN REACTION CYCLES/INTENSE 4:21.11
10 13 RENNIE Nathan AUS SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE 4:21.91
11 111 CAMELLINI Julien FRA CHAIN REACTION CYCLES/INTENSE 4:23.07
12 5 BEAUMONT Marc GBR TEAM BIKE RADAR 4:24.01