Quantcast

pinkgoat

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
Australia
Results so far are pretty suprising. As much as I like Sam, I'd love for Minnaar to win the overall. It would also be awesome to see Blekinsop win today, but the times at the top are pretty close so I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Should be an exciting few hours!

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
uci live timing for mens qual working for anyone?
Yeah , working here:

Top ten after 42 riders:
1 256 BLENKINSOP Samuel NZL YETI FOX SHOX FACTORY RACE TEAM 4:10.27
2 12 FAIRCLOUGH Brendan GBR MONSTER ENERGY / IRON HORSE 4:10.76
3 4 ATHERTON Gee GBR ANIMAL COMMENCAL 4:11.02
4 1 HILL Samuel AUS MONSTER ENERGY / IRON HORSE 4:11.48
5 3 PEAT Steve GBR SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE 4:15.04
6 27 MINNAAR Greg RSA SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE 4:15.68
7 8 BAREL Fabien FRA SUBARU MOUNTAIN BIKE PRO TEAM 4:16.13
8 255 LEOV Justin NZL YETI FOX SHOX FACTORY RACE TEAM 4:20.72
9 22 KOVARIK Chris AUS CHAIN REACTION CYCLES/INTENSE 4:21.11
10 57 CUNNINGHAM Ruaridh GBR CHAIN REACTION CYCLES/INTENSE 4:21.70

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
Results so far are pretty suprising. As much as I like Sam, I'd love for Minnaar to win the overall. It would also be awesome to see Blekinsop win today, but the times at the top are pretty close so I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Should be an exciting few hours!
Yeah , for sure. I wonder how Hills qual run went ? Theres no way he would have been cruising , chasing every possible point , and yet he's not showing the dominance he's known for at Schladming. He might have had a moment ?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
mech.?

fall earlier?

injury?

maybe hes banking on rain and just owning the finals :biggrin:

either way should be interesting.

can anyone confirm if its still raining?
Little sprinkles on and off, nothing major like 4X.

No fall, he looked clean. Just looked like he was out for a Sunday drive.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So assuming the top times are set we now have in points:

Minnaar 1244
Hill 1133 (-111)
Gee 1067 (-177)

Points available:
1st 200
2nd 160
3rd 140
4th 125
5th 110
6th 95
7th 90

So Minnaar needs 7th to guarantee the overall (leaving him 1 point clear of Hill if Hill wins).

If Gee wins he needs Minnaar 33rd or worse (22 points) and Hill 4th or worse to take the overall....

Is Sam wins he needs Minnaar 8th or worse to take the overall.

You know, if Minnaar bins it in a big way, there's every possibility of Gee taking the overall. I'd be SO chuffed :D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Fraser: mens qualifying appears to have stopped after 42 riders, casualty on track? Every rider up to Riffle has been down, so I wonder if he's nailed himself somewhere?

(And why are you on the PC and not out taking photos? :))

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Er, I don't hear about Simmonds going to hospital, I hope the photographer is ok!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Very true. If he did that much damage though, he was bound to take some of the damage. Skinner cleaned out a course marshall yesterday and sent them both into a creek. The marshall was standing in just about the worse spot possible too.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yep, an certainly in this case the photographer may be directly to blame, or have picked an unwise spot, but either way probably best for the sport (and him :p) if he could avoid dying ;)

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
quote:You know, if Minnaar bins it in a big way, there's every possibility of Gee taking the overall. I'd be SO chuffed" :plthumbsdown:

......I'd be more chuffed if my fav. rider won by doing his best run & not cos some other unfortunate bloke fell off trying to do his personal best.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
quote:You know, if Minnaar bins it in a big way, there's every possibility of Gee taking the overall. I'd be SO chuffed" :plthumbsdown:

......I'd be more chuffed if my fav. rider won by doing his best run & not cos some other unfortunate bloke fell off trying to do his personal best.
Well Gee IS my favourite rider, and to take the overall he needs Minnaar to get unlucky, no two ways about it, no point beating about the bush etc :) This is racing innit, if Gee can win it and Minnaar cracks under the pressure then Gee deserves it fair and square. I'm not wishing injury upon Minnaar or anything :)

If Gee doesn't take the overall my 2nd favourite outcome will be Hill winning by 10+ seconds :D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I am going to throw my PC out of the window if freecaster doesnt ****ing work today, too excited! :D

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Course hold. Riffle was in gate as far as I understand. I saw Cunningham and Stanbridge cross finish and no one else. That was ages ago.
does that mean the finals will also be postponed??
i hope not because i gotta make the trek("drive" for all you non saffa's) down to durban to watch the sharks play. although this does take preferance just because greg has a hell of a good chance of winning the overall and i want to savour the moment, i'd like to be able to watc finals and then mission off to durban for the game and make it in time for pre-drinks:cheers:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Twenty minutes to go. Lunchtime here - gentlemen's hours.

Hope you guys are comfy in your dressing gowns, slippers and sleep in your eyes... :D

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
its mid-day here, we're in the same time zone as austria:clapping: i just wish my laptop was water proof so that i could chill in the pool and watch cause dam its hot here
Same time zone here too, but damn freezing! It's snowing up the hill.

Jealousy.