Quantcast

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That was some pinning! The Eurosport 2 TV coverage on mute with the Warner/Stik commentary was a treat to watch. Best couple hours ever spent on a rainy day. A big thanks to everyone involved!

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
he could still rise a can of monster above his head with his right hand while greeting the audience from the podium......

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
the All Blacks(new zealand national rugby team) just edged out the Walabies(austrailian national rugby team) for the tri nations 2008. an omen for what is to come? so far my theory has worked well, at the canberra world cup greg smashed it and the Springboks(south african national rugby team) smashed the aussies with a record scoreline. hmmmm....
what did i tell you boys?? nice one blenki...

Greg Minnaar is a beast!!! well done to him too... only rider to make the podium every race this season, consistency rules

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
good coverage, most will admit there was some weird shouting match going on with presenters or something it was a bit annoying.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
what did i tell you boys?? nice one blenki...

Greg Minnaar is a beast!!! well done to him too... only rider to make the podium every race this season, consistency rules
Haha, good analysis... So, we don´t need finals anymore, just rugby results.

:)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Brendan's run is ready to go up actually. There are 10 clips going up, but it is taking time back at the office. top 5 men + brendan and top 3 women are coming, hopefully tonight.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Bummer. Between Stik and Tim March, I've got to give the slight edge to March. Stik had some good insight, but I like March's more subdued style. Having two guys screaming at the top of their lungs today was a bit much. Whoever's teaming up with Warner has to realize that Rob's the main man in there, and the sidekick needs to just let him do his thing rather than try to play off him. Tim March was perfect at that, IMO.

--JP

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Boner

Chimp
Dec 14, 2007
Durango
Runs are up now on freecaster. I can't believe hill saved both of those moments. If I hit that tree I would have been down for sure.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree John and there is no shame in being a good sidekick. Can't wait for next year it will be great for sure. I really hope this will help with sponsors get the WC into an even more positive direction.

Again many many thanks to Freecaster especially on a day home with the whole family sick with the cold.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
HUUUUUGE thanks to the freecaster team, with or without the different commentators and commentary it was absolutely effing awesome! to be able to watch all the world cups this season! stuff you had to usually wait until the end of the year to appear on DVD's...to be able to watch as it was happening was amazing!

thanks again and keep up the good work :cheers:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree John and there is no shame in being a good sidekick. Can't wait for next year it will be great for sure. I really hope this will help with sponsors get the WC into an even more positive direction.

Again many many thanks to Freecaster especially on a day home with the whole family sick with the cold.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Bummer. Between Stik and Tim March, I've got to give the slight edge to March. Stik had some good insight, but I like March's more subdued style. Having two guys screaming at the top of their lungs today was a bit much. Whoever's teaming up with Warner has to realize that Rob's the main man in there, and the sidekick needs to just let him do his thing rather than try to play off him. Tim March was perfect at that, IMO.

--JP
exacly I aggree, stik had great information, but his UFC growl or whatever that was,.. really really irritated me, he kept shouting right over Rob, it sounded fake. Lose the WWF hulk hogan, shouting and stik would be perfect sidekick for Rob Warner.

Last edited:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
HUUUUUGE thanks to the freecaster team, with or without the different commentators and commentary it was absolutely effing awesome! to be able to watch all the world cups this season! stuff you had to usually wait until the end of the year to appear on DVD's...to be able to watch as it was happening was amazing!

thanks again and keep up the good work :cheers:
I agree with you 120% on that. I still can't wait for the DVDs to come rolling out, though.

What an amazing season!:banana:

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
exacly I aggree, stik had great information, but his UFC growl or whatever that was,.. really really irritated me, he kept shouting right over Rob, it sounded fake. Lose the WWF hulk hogan, shouting and stik would be perfect sidekick for Rob Warner.
Absolutely. No disrespect intended Stikman , but Slothy has hit the key points there. 100% agreed here.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
[spam]

two-part, 16 photo update from Sven, Damian and Flipper. What a race!
http://www.littermag.com/2008/features/featuremenu.php?featureID=1046

[/spam]

again, for the millionth time, thanks freecaster! being able to watch it live is so freaking awesome!

fraser (maybe this has been said...if so, sorry, just too many posts to weed through), any thoughts on offering a lower quality stream option? the live WCT surf contests offer high and low quality options and i usually go to the low quality b/c it's hiccup-free.

i wouldn't mind low quality for live if it meant more consistency. plus i think half the time, it was my pipeline that couldn't handle the stream. i'd just come back and watch high quality footage after the race. i don't know what that entails on the production end, however, just wanted to throw it out there.

no matter what, the coverage is sick!!!